A little message to the proud people of Dapetan...

Keep an ear to the ground, this is where the gods will rumble and shout.

A little message to the proud people of Dapetan...

Postby Kaedan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:48 pm

As you are no doubt aware we, the DMs, have been fairly inactive on LoS for a pretty long while.

The short-version is that real-life concerns took priority for most of us, with all of the main builders/coders facing changes in circumstances that led to less time & energy left to run the MUD. As each of us fell by the wayside, development and attention for LOS went with it, and our presence in Dapetan dwindled to something of a minimum.

You'll (hopefully) be fairly pleased to know that we recently found ourselves drawn back to LoS, and are slowly giving the world a little more attention again. For now this attention is pretty much exclusively centred on general maintenance and keeping LoS ticking over, but a couple of the long-standing problems that had found themselves unresolved in our relative absence have at least now been sorted.

I'm sure that I don't just speak for myself when I say that we feel somewhat humbled and touched that even though we pretty much fell off the planet, you (the players) continued playing LoS, kept role-playing, and kept the spirit of LoS very much alive.

Thank you.
Kaedan

Postby Ruan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:58 am

I'd just like to echo what Kaedan said. There's a stack of half-built things on the shelf for me to come back to but it will take a little while to get back in to and even then, the amount of time is limited.

Still, it's nice to be back on the case to some extent and amazing to see that LoS still has players -- people who have maintained the life of the place in our absence. That kind of thing definitely encourages me to put some energy towards building.

Thanks from me too.
Ruan

Return to Announcements