A little adventure

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

A little adventure

Postby Jaster » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 am

It was a quiet day in the Lands as I was trying to decide where my hammer could best be put to use. Perhaps in a fit of boredom I decided the place I wanted to put it was on a certain Ogres skull, and bring it down hard.

So I gathered my supplies and and set off for the goblin camp to show them I was a fighter to be reckoned with.

As I entered the camp several guards approached me as if to stop me from entering there stronghold. Several swings of my hammer later they lay on the ground in a daze and I stepped over there body's and into the goblin's lair.

I managed to sneak past the first set of warriors that were standing guard but as I was nearly by one turned in my direction. Quickly I left forward to avoid being detected. The victory was short lived as I was moving too fast and ran straight into another group of warriors that quickly surrounded me to prevent my escape.

This time I had no choice so I started bringing my hammer down on each goblin's skull one by one. In my enjoyment of bashing countless skulls a mound of goblin corpses began to mount. From the original three there were soon two more warriors who joined followed by two more. At one point there were six trying to pin me down but I wasn't about to admit defeat. Turning my hammer on it's side I deflected a blow and began to cast a crush spell on the unsuspecting warrior. The magical spell slammed hard against the goblin's skull which distracted the other warrior who was felled in one final crushing blow by my hammer.

I backtracked to the path that lead deeper into the encampment. As I approached an ogrish guard stood in my way. He was no match for my skills as a fighter and went down without any trouble. I thought I may have found a bit of luck finally but alas it was not to be the case.

In only the next room I encountered an ogre warrior and guard. As I attacked the guard I bound the warrior with magic to make my fight easier. With all the ruckus one, two, three no four more ogre warriors had shown up. I was weary they may join in the brawl but they just stood there laughing. I finished up my assault on the first ogre guard and warrior and turned to the group that had shown up. The first of the four warrior's approached and soon realized his mistake as I made a devastating combo of crush spells and hearty slams of my mighty Dwarven hammer.

Before engaging the others I cast a show aura spell to see how badly my fates were changing. It was worse than I'd feared. My scale had tipped far onto the side of good, a place far from my usual neutral stance between good and evil.

I left the goblin camp in haste to sort out my aura to a more neutral stance and upon succeeding returned for a second foray amongst the goblins and ogres. This time they had prepared and I was greeted with harsh resistance. After several more trips to and from white castle and the goblins camp I finally found myself outside the throne room to my adversary.

Once again I consulted the fates through magic to see if I should chance my luck with his guards let alone the ogre himself. I shone brightly, far brighter than would be safe to engage the enemy. I sighed heavily and left the camp one final time.

Though this adventure had ended in failure it won't be my last. Sadly until my aura has been restored so it's usual dull glory I'll be forced to challenge everyone who crosses my path in the tourney outside white castle. Frustrating as it is to miss an opponent who has no chance of defeating me or a white knight to hit me constantly as though I was stark naked and bound with rope I continue my struggle. Once my magic is able to manifest itself without failing halfway I'll set out for adventures a new!
Jaster

Return to Stories