Fatality

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Fatality

Postby Illyatra » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:40 am

Ha, its kinda ironic when i think about it. A dark time for a Dark Elf, then maybe that ironey is lost on most of you. Hmm..... I came here not a very long time ago but i have seen many things come and probaly even more go. I have had many plans.. not to many have actually succeded. Toward the end there it seemed as if nothing was going well for me. Like for instance i payed a small fortune to lease a room from Dwar. I was in it like twice and lost the key, Dwar refused to give me another one, but stuff like that was just minor stuff. Well enough of my rambling on with what i am here to tell you. I walked threw Amethyst on a day like many others crushing guards and harassing the locals when I ran into Hurk ( a very large and very dumb barbarian aqiantance of mine) and he said to me " uhh uhh uhh oh hay wan ta kill uhh uhh dem uhh rock wolvs wit me " having nothing of intrest to really do at the time i figured it would atleast be fun to watch him bash the wolves around. so away we went at first it seemed normal we found the wolves and with a few spells and swings of hurks hammer there was nothing left but blood and guts. As i sat recuperating from the previous packs of wolve antoher arived and attacked hurk, I was not at my best having just battled but foolishly i joined the fight anyway. I jumped back from the pack and readyed my first spell (a small little gust of dust) and was right on my mark the wolf went flying back into a nearby tree and at the same time hurk smased one very hard on the head explodeing rockwolf brain matter went flying all over. ther were now three left two were on hurk and one charged at me i hurried a spell it had to be right on the mark i had no more energy for another, a fireball exploded from my finger tips nailing the rock wolf on its hind quarters the wolf quickly ran away harmed but not dead, I looked over toward hurk in time to see him hit one of the two he was fighting up off the ground and straight over at me. when the wolf hit the ground it bounced up and seen me and came straight for me. I ran for my life down the trail and jumped behind a large boulder, A mistake i had only moments to regret because there was the rock wolf that i had fireballed. staring right into my eyes it only took a second for it to react to my being that close and as it grabed my throat with its powerfull jaw and the last bit of life fled from my body I ask the gods for a chance to tell my story well the ending anyway............ well the only thing left i have to impart on the wanderers, travelers, murderers, Beggers, dogooders, and all not listed is Somebody kill Kampfer :D
Illyatra

Postby Ghandi » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:11 am

Nicely told. Surely makes a fight come more alive this way 8)
Ghandi

Postby Illyatra » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:11 pm

thank you for the compliment ghandi
:wink:
Illyatra

Rebirth

Postby Illyatra » Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:10 am

REBIRTH OF A DARKELF!!

Nausiating swirling colors swim behind my eyelids. I strugle thru the pain to open them. Hard, cold and damp is the surface under my hands and knees. As I come to my feet and my vision clears the hurt in my throat worsens and now I know I'am home.

" Welcome home Illyatra." A voice calls from where I know not. " Whos there? How did I get here? Am I dead?" I questioned to the formless voice. "Well those questions will be answered in time. But what I want to know is are you really ready to come home?"

The question flooded my mind with a hundred different answers to what should be a simple question. Should I go home? Can I go back? Uncontrolably I fell to my knees sobbing. My mind now almost in as much pain as my throat.... Then it all cleared, " I want to go back, but my magic has continualy failed me so I dont think that there would be any reason to go back."

Again the formless voice spoke in a soft reassuring tone. " Just because we Dark Elves are skillful in magic does that mean that you must stake your whole existance on that alone?" " So maybe there is another path for me?" I responded with the answer already appaerent in my thoughts. And the voice must have also known that I had answered my own question. " Very well then young Illy you shall go back. And till we meet again you will be in my thoughts."

The swirling colors race thru my sight again and then fade to black as my head swims. Then the world returns to me I stand back in a familiar place. Amethyst... I rub my throat and realize true pain when i feel the scars. "Dwars!!! I need a drink."
Illyatra

Return to Stories