letter to Lord Ardhuis *By Aester's will*

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

letter to Lord Ardhuis *By Aester's will*

Postby Rygar » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:13 pm

Dear Lord Ardhuis, I decided to send you this letter, relating the past events in the training of your young guardian, Erill, so you may take the relevant actions. May this letter be a blessing for your order as it had been for one of your member.

I was resting in the chapel when I noticed this young guardian. I thought to myself it might be the opportunity for me to gain the confidence of the paladins, to travel by their side and give them the hope they might need to counterpart the darkness Kampfer had put in their mind.

So I proposed to Erill to travel a bit by my side, asking him if he knew a bit about the troll problem the gnomes had. He told me he knew, so I packed my stuff and we started to travel soon after. We reached the swamps before long, and few were left, the area had already been relieved of this evil. Erill proposed quite quickly after we might travel a bit more to the north and try to resolve a spider problem in the forest. I agreed, I had stopped guarding the borders of the forest for too long already, so it would be nice to prevent possible travellers to be raided by some of theses nasty spiders. But, I am used to travel alone; very rarely did I travel in group since I came back, and now, I won’t even talk about leading some young paladins full of the courage they are known for. So I forgot to make sure Erill had a granite potion ready, for it is easy to be overwhelmed there. I looked at my hammer; he was in good shape and asking for some spiders to land in, so we entered the forest. It didn’t took long to clear the lower levels of the forest and after having looked for both of our health, decided we were ready for some more, so went upward.

I think the spiders had heard us and had prepared an ambush, for there were many of them. They kept coming and coming, before I realise it, they had managed to split us. While I had anchor my feet’s solidly in the ground, letting my hammer fly around me, aiming for the spider who would dare to come too close, they had pushed Erill away. He mentally communicated with me, asking where I was, and I told him, but in the rush of the battle, I was forced for a very short answer. Normally, I would have been gone way before, I would never have stayed for so long, but I was hoping to catch up the young knight…

I heard him call for me a desperate last time then all went silent but the spiders around. I was badly poisoned, barely alive and even if I didn’t like it, had to go see an old friend of mine for some healing before I may go back and search for the knight again. So, with the help of the druid, I was fast back on my feet’s, ready to go back.

I entered the forest for the second time, cleared my way around, unable to find the knight, then suddenly, I was surrounded by more spiders I was able to count, many of them were there, too much for my single hammer to deal with. I had to use some powerful magic to get out of there, barely alive when I reached for the second time my friend, asking him for healing. Soon after me, a massive destroyer arrived and sat close to me, asking my friend if he could heal him too, having some urgent issues to deal with. Well, the druid looked quite confused, knowing his magic has been almost all used already, but agreed to do his best for both of us.

Then, suddenly, Aester proposed me her help to save the man’s life. I was hoping to do it by myself, not wanting to ask too much of the Lady, but she had chosen it was her time, so I agreed to her kindness. Knowing where we would be sent back, I knew a worthy barbarian as Anubis wouldn’t be too much help, so I asked him if he would like to come with us and save the knight’s life. He looked quite confused, but his curiosity won, he agreed and started following me. Aester then cleared all our wounds and disease and asked me to tell her when we would be ready. I made sure I had my most powerful healing ready, for the knight would probably badly need it by now. I then noticed to Aester and said her she could do her will when she could want. By some very powerful magic and good will, we arrived in a room deep in the forest. I then started to look around, unable to find the knight at first, until I noticed his unconscious body hidden under a pile of leaves. As soon I saw him, I saw he were about to pass out so I called for the Lady of Mercy and gave him the most powerful healing in my capacities. The shock of it had reanimated the young knight and was jumping around, pretty exited I may say. I chuckled and told him that by this day, he should remember Aester in his prayers, because it was by her will he was still alive. Not wanting to stay up in theses trees for too long, knowing that we still had to clear our way out, I said to the knight to ready his armour and sword, and to start following me. I knew the way out and went directly for it. Even with my healing, the knight was still badly poisoned and his health was running away very fast. While I was leading our way out and looking for everyone’s health, Anubis was quickly dealing with the spiders daring to come too close of his hammer.

Before long, we reached Amethyst chapel. Anubis nodded and said he had to go back to the Hawk Village, for this might interest Ha’shan. I nodded and he went away. I was exhausted but still had to watch for the knights life while he was clearing the poison, so I sited down, and stated to give him the appropriate cares. Ghandi had somehow heard the rumours of the event from his keep and was running for the chapel. As soon he entered he said “So, your god saved this man’s life?” I smiled to myself and nodded to him, it was all I could do. Erill meanwhile, exited as he was, was already starting a long story to Ghandi. Ghandi smiled too, knowing what it was to be a young knight and having such an adventure… Really exhausted as I was, I asked him if he could take care of the young knight, for I really had to go get some rest. The hobbit smiled and agreed. So, after I gave my blessing to both of the knights, I went away.

Sincerely,

Rygar
Rygar

Postby Qoith » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:46 pm

What a great story - I was holding my breath for Erill is such a kind person; I found myself fearing for his life and was pleased to read that a God looked down on him and kept him safe until he could be rescued.
Qoith

Postby Ghandi » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:34 pm

I noticed Rygar was happy to see me as all the healing he made on Erill physically weakened him. I was glad to take this task from him so Rygar could take his well deserved rest. I looked at Erill, several spider bites were visable, some blood were still dripping from some wounds. I noticed some green coming out of one his wounds and I knew this meant that this guardian had been poisoned badly. Erill on the other hand was so excited to see so many forces of good together, he just wanted to go on and on. Knowing that in his condition he would come very far, i searched through my inventory to obtain one of the most powerful amber vials. Erill drank from it and soon the green in his blood was gone. Erill smiled, feeling much better now and readied his weapon to smite more evil.

Rygar already informed me what task he had in mind for Erill, though he didn't find Erill ready yet. I nodded, agreed that Lionhearts would take care of Erill. Now i would take Erill with me on a little adventure, teaching him to be ready in every situation. I would teach him some battle technics as Scorpion will teach him the art of obtaining the right items. Asking him if he was ready, Erill hasitated a bit. I raised my voice, asking the same question again. Bit shocked, Erill answered with a determined "YES". We took our gear, saluted Rygar, who was smiling, knowing that Erill would be taught a valuable lesson in the art of fighting.

We moved quickly, as the news of rampaging goblins spread fast and the damage would be horrible if we did not interfere. On our way to the goblin camp, I'd lost the young guardian. I noticed this after i was ambushed by some goblin scouts, who were trying to rush to their camp to warn about the intruders. I made the pursue and with my short legs i had gained on them. After i had thrown away the last scout, i noticed Erill, puffing climbing down the crevice. He was exhausted of the long and fast journey. I had no pity. Evil would not have pity as well. Erill nodded and took a deep breath, ready to enter the camp.

The warriors inside must have heard us coming as several weapons and pieces of armour were thrown over the campwalls and a lot of screaming could be heard. Erill and I rushed in the camp were we found several goblin warriors rushing in to us, trying to stop our raid. I've kept a close eye on Erill, watching his skills with his hammer and watching his health. We went further, closing in to the centre, leaving dead goblins and ogres behind us. Gave Erill some suggestions how to deal his magical powers in a right way. Being in the centre of such a big camp without any magical powers left would be a very dangerous situation if you're not able to heal the bruises and cuts made by the poorly crafted weapons the goblins use.

In front of a huge tent stood a mighty ogre, blocking our way. A simple task it would have been to eliminate this one if not two other guards noticed our presence and were not standing next to the other guard. Grinning, i told Erill not to interfere since i did not knew if they would take me one on one or if wouldn't take any risks at all. With a scream i ran towards them and all three of them growled and started to ran towards me. Erill took some steps back, gladly he had not joined this fight, but winced painfully as he noticed me being overpowered. I swung my hammer in circles, trying to keep the ogres away from me and smashing them on their knees. It didn't work and quickly i opened a potion bottle and drank it. Just at that moment, Erill saw the ogres were all three jumping in the middle and he couldn't look. He thought i was history. Knowing this is not a place to be, he withdraw himself from the scene and moved to a mysterious healing tent nearby, cringing fearfully how to get out of this place without his strong companion. Right then, as Erill stood up, decided to give it a try, he noticed me entering the tent. Glad as he was, an instant grin appeared of his face, knowing some goblins would pay.

There we stood, countless bodies of dead goblins around us. Heavy breathing, but victorious, knowing the upcoming raid would be delayed for weeks, months, who knows. Walking over the dead bodies we left the camp. Erill, jumping, happy and filled with adrenaline, did well. He remembered the hints i gave him and he took great on himself.

Rygar should be pride on the young guardian, as he's improving fast.
Ghandi

Return to Stories