A costly battle

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

A costly battle

Postby jagg » Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:58 pm

Jagg staggered in a daze from the Immigration building. He barely noticed as the Immigration Officer bid him good day, enquiring with concern if he'd had another hard fight. This generally accounted for Jagg's reappearance from this direction (which he seemed to be doing a lot recently), fortunately usually due to prudent magical escapology rather than the other more painful and decidedly unpleasant alternative.

Finding himself back in his room at Dwar's, Jagg could only gape at the empty chest while he recovered his strength. The empty chest that had, until only a few minutes ago, been completely full of those oh-so-desirable-yet-hard-to-acquire healing potions. It seemed to mock him, asking how could he not slay ANYTHING he chose to face with such a trove of healing magic to sustain him. Jagg could only sit on the bed with his hammer across his knees, shocked and numbed by this profligate expenditure of potions. Worst of all, what had been months in the collecting was gone in a single battle, aye, and a battle that had ended in defeat.
jagg

Postby crow » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:49 pm

and?

what was it that forced you to use up your potions? something like that I will probably want to avoid.... unless... ermmm..... did it have anything shiny?
crow

Postby jagg » Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:07 pm

Ello Crow. I woz fitin the Black Ooze. I fink dat der a reward fer killin it, and I fink sumone will trade wot I get fer sum infermation I needin. I hope I right, 'cos ooze killin is very hard fite!

Listen, dis gonna sound like fisherman's story, gettin bigger wiv each tellin, but I kno xactly how many potion I use. I woz countin up while I lyin awake in bed las night (gettin much better at countin, specially wiv my Finkin Helm on!). I use not jus a trunkful, but three dozen potions... I thought I cud fite my way through Hell an back wiv dat many, before goin against ooze.

It get me down a lot wen I s'posed to be dis great fiter, dis Wepon Master, yet I fite like a new recruit. Only small comfort is dat I lern a lot from dat fite. One lesson is don't be mean wiv buyin potions - won't say why xactly - but them who kno dis creature will kno wot I mean. It not like I short of money an I cud hav done a lot better wiv right fings... Specially wen healin potions can't be bought an got to work long time fer collectin. Also knowin dat der a fine line between not bein a wimp, bein (wos word? Er...)... committed to a fite so u hav chance of winnin, an bein stoopid, sendin gud healin potion afta bad. Jus a bad decision to stay to the bitter end. Fing is tho, wen u half way thru dat many potion, u finkin "it got to drop soon...it GOT to drop soon...". But it jus didn't...

We call dat a draw, anyway. Costly draw, but I escape, an u can bet I goin back wen I more prepared. Next time it gonna pay...

(P.S. Crow, wen I say I not short of money, u kno, I hav jus bout enuff fer eatin an repairin armour...not like I got POTS of gold, at all)
jagg

Postby crow » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:04 pm

You had three dozen potions and I didn't know about it! I need to borrow a bigger sack :? I wonder how long before you restock. :wink:

I've run across that thing before, its a real insert expletive here pain cos of its attacks. You really need two good fighters, so yourself and Gambit perhaps to take those things down. I've done it but thats cos my style means I don't hang around long enough to get hit bad. Even so that thing cost me a granite in the process and meant I had to go searching for things before retrying.

The attempt didn't get me anything special either so I've not gone back.... perhaps I should at some point...

THREE dozen!!![/i]
crow

Postby Ghandi » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:37 am

<h1> Three dozen!!!! </h1>

I'm lucky to have one at all. Though my stock of gold chased whisky flasks in fairly large in my eyes (not even a dozen though) combined with a dozen or so scarlets and some small restoratives, i think i still need the big ones. Granites aren't a problem, those can be acquired easy, whether by buying it or by retrieving it through other ways. For now im stuck for searching rare herbs to be mixed. Im may do well in searching treasures and new areas, but im not a ranger or a druid, so this nature thing is not one of my strongest abilities :? . Still i cherish my golden flower. Hope i don't cherish it too much, otherwise i might not use when i need to thinking it would be a waste. Anyway....im buying goldens, name your price and i will think about it.
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:54 am

Hum, a deal...I wonder wot I be needin? 'Course, I don't hav hardly any of dem left now, so dey more precious...wud be a high price I askin... *thinks*

:shock:

Oh...I kno wot I WUD like...

*whispers in Ghandi's ear*

:D
jagg

Postby jagg » Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:40 pm

Jus fer keeping u up ter date. I been bak fer fitin ooze, an dis time I more ready for it. Oh yer, who your daddy now ooze? Once sumthin on my list, it get dun in the end. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but I got patience, an it gonna get wot it got comin.
jagg

Return to Stories