A lesson learnt (by Peraego)

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

A lesson learnt (by Peraego)

Postby Qoith » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:48 pm

I have been a traveller in these lands off and on for a while now, but upon meeting a fellow hobbit bard recently, I have tried to visit more often. Time and time again, the good luck of hobbits has followed us on our travels. A drop of two footman's maces; a drop of 2 collars when we both needed one; to name just a couple of instances.

Recently, we headed off with a goal in mind - we needed the "bind" spell and we felt our luck was holding. Indeed it was :)- well for one of us, anyway - a drop of 2 would have been extraordinary. As we wandered, another goal came to mind - to defeat an ahinma warrior - a task we felt we were ready to handle. Unfortunately, my luck ran out - well some of it; I was defeated but my trainer was not too disappointed - he allowed me to retain my current status.

I quickly threw off any ill feelings (well, hobbits don't really get upset by stuff like that), and set off to regain certain experiences I had lost. When I needed to rest between fights, words of my trainer started to prey on my mind, and I realised that I needed to tell the story - of my death and the lesson we had learnt. With only having had basic training in storytelling, I struggled to get the words on paper - there were many words discarded - but finally I was happy with my story - told in verse. I stood proudly and recited in across the Lands ...

Small in stature, lucky in life
Seymour and Peraego are
Small in stature, brave in battle
The Ahinma Warriors are

Facing foes, spoils sought after
Seymour and Peraego fought
Facing foes, quick to quarrel
The Ahinma Warriors fought

Surrounded, discerning danger
Seymour, his retreat a grand feat
Surrounded, bard a'beckoning
Peraego, death he did meet

Lessons learned, humble hobbits have
Those warriors, if more come their way
Lessons learned, both bards believe
Best to flee to fight another day
Qoith

Postby Keezheekoni » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:28 pm

Response by Seymour the hobbitish bard,

That was a truly wonderful ditty Peraego.... To others a battle of three adroit ahinma warriors against two equally adroit hobbits might appear kind of comical, but your verse will show those big folk that we aren't just cute little hobbits. Surely the bard professor will see the magic of your verse and grant you higher status in the guild in time.

I feel a bit bad for fleeing there :( , but those two pummeled me nice and quick. It was all I could do just to stagger out of there with my life. Time to resume our adventures I suppose, maybe lady luck will go back to watching over us. :D

I will see you in the lands Peraego!
--Seymour
Keezheekoni

Return to Stories