Erill dies (Yes, again)

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Erill dies (Yes, again)

Postby Erill » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:02 pm

"Stone giants?" I said.
"Maybe we should try for something a little easier, for i am granitless" replied Kiarri
"Hmm, maybe your right, what then?"
"Spiders?"
"Sure"
And off we went. Leaving Amethyst a thought hit me.
"You have no granite?" I asked
"Nope" Kiarri replied
"Are you sure you want to go the spiders? Thats not such a good idea without a granite....Well, we'll just leave the Queen for another time, stay low and pick them off one at a time"
"Good idea"
So we set off again. Just outside the wood i cast a light spell, nodded to Kiarri and in we delved. A lone sword spider was easy sport, we searched some more and found others, seemingly waiting for us. They also fell before us.

Leaving the North wood a bit battered...
"Are you ok?" I said over my shoulder when we passed the South woods.
Kiarri nodded so again in we delved. As we stepped into the woods something felt wrong...i quickly got turned around and left. After i realised my mistake a gripped my sword and headed back in, maybe a bit quicker than was prudent.

We walked on and from the shadowed trees dropped 2 spiders, bigger than swords spiders, these were trap spiders! Another one dropped in. Large amounts of sticky web was flung at us, i chopped through it like it was gossamer. Kiarri however was stuck in it, when he freed himself he was bound again before he could do anything.

Strike after strike, blow after blow, spell after spell. On and on i battled, healing Kiarri still bound up while depleting my stock of potions. Kiarri somehow managed to run, he urged me to use my granite. Thinking of his safty i battled on. The stream of spiders seemed endless, i was poisoned many, many times.

Finally, exhausted, shield lying in shreds i dropped to my knees, a spider missing a few legs leapt...i heaved my sword upright...the last spider was gone and so was all my potions and magic. Suddenly, the small clearing was filled with sound, loud and rolling, as endless as the spiders had seemed.

I looked around, searching for the source of the noise. I didn't search long. After the ringing in my ears had stopped i recognised the sound. It was laughter, but more than that, it was my own laughter. I pushed myself up with my sword and started to head in the direction i thought was out. I ran into a rather large, rather angry sword spider. My sluggish attempts to defend myself did nothing, i reached for a potion and gripped my last one. I hopped Kiarri had gotten out ok. I drank the contents of the grante potion and stared around into Limbo.

Thinking of Kiarri i hurried out of the Immigration office and fell over, back in Limbo. My exhausted body had been overcome by poison.

Luckily Kiarri had found a helpful Druid to heal him, we meet up in a sauna in the gnome village, after a short walk we found ourselves in the Chapel once again. We said our goodbyes and went our ways.

When i gain back my old strength, we shall go back to those spiders, and next time, they won't take us by suprise!!!
Last edited by Erill on Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erill

Postby Valiant » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:08 pm

The spiders can be a good practise - in numbers they must be taken seriously. Actually, any evil should be taken seriously, treacherous they can be!

Ahhh... the memories of that forest. Singlehandedly smiting five trap spiders and maybe even more of their arachnic friends! And back then, their bindings were much more powerful I assure you. Now they are weak in comparison. Apparently the blows dealt to them by my mighty blades and hammers have had their effect!

Be strong! Good will prevail, and evil will be destroyed! It is a matter of time before all evil is eradicated - it is our duty to fight for this.
Valiant

Return to Stories