Braggin time!

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Braggin time!

Postby jagg » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:20 pm

The Amethyst town guards gathered in a group outside the Chapel, having heard panicky, garbled reports of the building being shaken to its foundations by an unknown force. One, braver than most, peered inside and saw a cloud of dust still billowing around the pews. From this miasma, a hulking figure emerged. The guards quickly stepped back, allowing the dusty warrior to pass unmolested. They weren’t being paid nearly enough to enquire more closely into the source of this disturbance.

Jagg sauntered into the tavern, with an unusual spring in his step. Dwar raised an eyebrow at this, and at a nod from Jagg, he drew ale into what looked like a bucket except for a big handle on the side. Jagg practically skipped over to the bar and plonked down on a sturdy stool, which creaked but held, for the tavern was equipped to accommodate all sizes of customer. With a beaming grin on his face he raised the vessel to his lips and took a thirsty swallow. It was obvious he had something to tell, a story perhaps, and with Dwar and a few patrons as his audience, he began:
“Ard work, dis magic u kno… But I gittin gud! U kno I bin workin on me castin… Wel it woz like dis. Afta wun last fite wiv…ur, wel neva mind wiv wot… But wen I dun, I see wun mor littul trick fer castin earth spel, an den I kno wot I bin doin rong dat woz stoppin me castin Big Earth Spel! Well, knowin dat, I got ter try it out, so I went ter chapel an chase out a few acolytes cos I got ter fink hard, an dey always bothrin me. Wen I rested up, I try me new spel…ur, neva mind wot at… der lot of people wandrin in an out of chapel, not jus vicars u kno… First few time, did sumfin rong, I dunno wot…but it feel close, like I near gittin it, so I rest fer a bit, an try agin… Dem vicars woz wondrin wot I doin der, jus restin den waving me hand round fer magic an noffin ‘appenin. But afta a few go wot not work, den I git it jus rite! Ground heave an smash! Make big mess! U neva seen anyfin like it!”

Jagg smiled the smile of someone who has reached a difficult goal after a long and painful struggle. Satisfied, he drained his mug and tossed a purseful of gold on the bar. “Beer fer everywun! I celebratin!” said Jagg before he tramped up the stairs, cackling as he went. “Earfquake! Me! Noffin gonna stop me now!”
jagg

Return to Stories