A change in life

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

A change in life

Postby Scorpion » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:59 pm

Ah, what a headache. Must have been sleeping for days. As I opened my eyes slowly, the sun' light hurted my eyes. I moved my head to the other side, so no sunlight was hurting me. This headache, what have I done yesterday? Oh, wait. Yesterday.. why can't I remember anything from yesterday? I raised my head a bit, but somehow I felt a bit dizzy doing that.

After some time, i was able to sit and move slowly. My hole body was hurting me. I looked around me, trying to see where I was. Just a few feet in front of me, there was somebody, laying on the ground. “Hello. Who are you? Where am I? How did I get here?” I said. I got no responds back. That guy must be in a very deep sleep. “Hello, wake up. Can I ask you something?” I said again. As no responds was given, I slowly moved toward the sleeping person with my hands and my feets. As I came closer a very disgusting smell was in air. Then, when i opened my eyes a bit wider, I saw that the sleeping person wasn't sleeping at all! It was an elf, his body was sliced open with a sharp object. What happened to him? Who did this? Because of my headache I didn't want to scream for help, but something got my attention. A small piece of paper was in the hands of the elf. I grabbed the paper and started reading it. It was written in and by elves.

---
Dear Meglaz,

You probably read this after you have drank my potion. Let me explain to you what happened.
Some evil curse came over you. A curse that changed your way of living. I don't know if you remember anything now, but you were and orc. You became very evil and cooperated with Kampfer and even became one of his closed friends. Off course I couldn't let this happen and went searching for a cure.
It took me many months, searching in forests, mountain and large plains. Just for a cure. Then, on a raining morning I found something that was even strange for me. It was deep in the forest. Trees everywhere around me. Sound of birds echoing in the air. But then I entered a small glade with a beautiful plant in the middle. I took some flower and brought them home. I boiled the flowers for several weeks, until I thought it was ready. I hope this one will work on you, since I tried several potions on you.
I gave that potion to a messenger and he should give it to you. A dangerous mission off course, since orcs don't like elves that much. I hope you haven't killed this messenger as you did with the rest of them.

I hope to see you again soon, at the place we used to play together when we were young.

Regards,

Your best friend.
---

As my mouth fell open I couldn't believe what I just read. Looking at myself I saw I was an elf. Was I really an orc? It's unbelievable. I turned my head to the place I woke up. And there is was. A empty bottle with the word 'whisky' on it. A quick thought in my mind reminded me that orcs aren't that clever and usually drink whisky while they eat. Then I remembered the messenger again. What have I done to him?
I buried the elven body and went back to village. I visited my friend and we talked for a long time.
Scorpion

Return to Stories