[Song/Story] A tell from the shadow of a tree.

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

[Song/Story] A tell from the shadow of a tree.

Postby Kampfer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:45 pm

------------------------------------------------------------------

A Song/Story from Lied'Dunkel the elven Minstrel

------------------------------------------------------------------

*Sitting in the shadow of a tree in greenhaven, surrounded by other bards, Lied grabs his mandolin from his back, test the cords tone, do some adjustment and everything is fine. A frail melody came from all around the garden. In fascination, the crowd remain silenced, even the birds who usually sing their own song were listening to the hypnothic rhythm when suddenly, a nice voice started to emerge from the shadow. First was a soft chant followed by an elven voice*

Returning from a far far away land
he found his realm devastated by events
Walking from a city to another
he found revolt and heresy
Raging in fury til berserking
he rampage the impudent in his path

*The song stopped while the music was still playing. After a brief pause, the voice started again as a story*

Kampfer the Almighty Unholy Avenger was looking around for his minions, finding none, even in his lair. Then he looked around for his closest allies to track and hunt the curse who hitted the Dark Order. He found a weapon master.

*The story became a song again always followed by the music*

In the old days on this land,
he was half elf, half human,
courageous and spirited,
this fighter was only coming out
of his twelveth grade at the academy.

The Master of the Academy trained his body to be hard as steel and his reflexes to be as agile as a tiger. Growing stronger and stronger each day, he knew how to capture the attention of the Dread Knight. This last one gave a precious gift to that young fighter, the will to reach its end. Wise word from a wise man, Kampfer knew how to inspire this wild spirit. Knowing how strong it could become and how useful he could be to have him beside, he let the weapon master the care of this young man.

*All of sudden, the music started into a battle rhythm*

Training under the fist and the sword,
this valiant warrior shows great skills
Walking all day long under the sun,
among the crowd he found his next victim
An elf for sure due to his ears
the prey is scared and disorientated
Refuge he found under his master's wing
from where he's still now

*Slowing down the beat, the voice continued the story*

Unpleased by that situation, my master Kampfer tried to bring back that fighter to common sense. Failing this last resort of sparing his life, the Dread Knight challenged that half-elf into a duel. Quickly the dark warrior get rid of that trouble-maker. Swearing revenge, the fighter came back looking for the elf again.

*Playing on low tone, we could barely distinguish a tear on the cheek of the minstrel*

Falling under the fist and the sword,
the elf couldn't stand a chance
Teleported by care to be healed,
he saw his master leaving
Challenging again his opponent,
the dices of fate have been throws

*Stretching the last note of the song, a sad voice filled with emotion took the relay. The music stopped to let a solo voice finishing the story*

The fight was quiet but violent, without useless speech, two titans were fighting for their honour. Missing alot of the training of this half-elf, the Dread Knight took lightly the situation. Fighting carelessly the new weapon master, he used few tricks still in training.

The fighter started with tactic, choosing to blast the mind of the dark knight. Trying to wither his opponent, he trips and missed him. Trying to get back on his feet, the fight goes on and on.

*The music started again with the same emotion*

The end of the battle let a bitter taste. The half-elf victorious, seriously wounded, walked painfully to the chapel to heal his wounds. There was the powerful dark knight too, occupied of healing his own wounds. The man sitting in the chapel in his dark armour, nods to the fighter and grins evilly.

*Taking a deep voice to do a dark character*

"Well done, I see my words made you strong. So I didn't misplace my efforts, but you still dare to face me as a loner and you attack my minions, so you get the revenge you deserve, sadly for you I was careless, it won't happen again." he says.

*Back to his normal and charming elven voice*

Tighting his last piece of armour, the dark one left the building and let the fighter alone, with his mere victory, thinking about where all that madness will stop.

*Closing the song with few notes, he slowly put back his mandolin, wiped his tears and bows to the speechless crowd, stunned in fascination in front of such story*
Kampfer

Return to Stories