Bad Endings.....

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Bad Endings.....

Postby Brute » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:46 am

A story from the mind of Wester the cleric .....

The day this story happened started out normally...I did what Master told me to do and then he decided something else to do and I followed wherever he went as always....The day seemed pretty normal until he uttered words I feared....."Werewolves".....

I was scared, but I obediantly followed....He lead me to the outside of a dark path, then he snuck in and whispered to me...,"Walk onto the path." I paused for a moment, then I obediently walked out onto the path. As soon as I took a step onto the path, two werewolfs jumped from the shadows, snarling, and started rushing toward me! I braced for the sharp fangs of the werewolfs to tear through my skin. Just as one was about to hit me, Master leaped out of the shadows and slashed one right across the throat, killing it instantly. He quickly turned his focus to the other which he threw a ball of fire across its midsection, then stabbing in the throat, finishing it off.

After I had regained my composure, Master lead me farther into the lair, and though I was scared, I obedienly followed. He fought many a dangerous creatures, and finally one got the best of him, not by defeating him, but the beast carried a disease which he spread to Master through a bite. We stayed in the spot where we were, waiting out the disease, me healing Master, but soon he got impatient and wanted to go further into the lair.....

He told me to prepare myself for traps, though I didnt know why at the time. As I followed him closely, a stalactite fell, he dodged it, but I was not so lucky, it hit me dead on the left shoulder and made a large gash. I quickly healed the wound with a mending spell and continued following Master.

Soon he found a creature he found suitable to kill and told me to heal him if he got hurt too badly. The creature was ferocious, and attacked with both its stregth and its magic. I could not mend his wounds fast enough, so he fled....I went in the direction he had fled only to find that he had also been crushed by one of those stalactites, and as I went to his aid, one also caught me in the back. First, I tended to masters wounds, as they were more severe, then as I was about to mend to my own wounds he told me not to heal my self....I obediently listened for fear of punishment. As I sat there waiting for master to return with more wounds, I could here the fighting going on where I had just come from, and then it all went silent....Then, from out of the darkness came a familiar voice saying, "Come here."

I came to his aid and mended his new wounds, then he allowed me to treat my own wounds and we traveled further into the lair. We traveled a small ways, seeing nothing, then all of the sudden a large boulder fell dead on top of my frail gnomish body....I was teleported away immediatly for treatment.....The End.....

ooc: Well, What do you think? Please be honest, so if its good I can write more stories and if its bad I can either work on my story writing or not write any more stories :wink: .....Oh, by the way the is seriously a true story, I got every part of it from my log onto los....I actually thought it was kind of funny...a little gnome getting squished by a big boulder....haha....well i think its funny at least :P
Brute

Postby Melodor » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:15 am

It's a nice story, all the more so for being something that happened in-game.

Two points for you to think about:

1) Wester's faith must be quite weak for him to be intimidated into supporting the evil assassin. Do think carefully about this and consider adding more conflict into Wester's mind: the assassin is very near and visible and scary, but his calling as a cleric says that he should not support such a person and should trust in his god to protect him.

2) The story works well, but in terms of gameplay it's not too good to have a high level dragging you about -- you could both get penalised for it, so take care and make sure that you also do some exploring yourself as well.
Melodor

Postby Brute » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:27 pm

ok...........I think Im going to have to write another story to explain the beginning of westers life and why he acts as he does
Brute

Postby Broken » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:49 pm

That's a pretty good story if I do say so myself. Who is your master?
Broken

Return to Stories