Shifty

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Shifty

Postby Brute » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 am

A story from Renak the ranger:

As I walked into the chapel recently, I noticed a strange figure in the corner of the room. Upon further inspection, I noticed it to be a small person covered by a cloak. I wondered if it was simply a sleeping adventurer or if they might be watching me......Soon a couple acolytes walked in and the figure seemed to become excited and the cloak started shaking wildly. Being the curious half elf that I am, I sat in a corner of the chapel, watching the figure closely. The cloaked being smoothy creeped toward the group of acolytes without them even noticing. The stealthiness of this creature made me grin, and gave me more respect for whatever it was. It just sat there for a while, but even then I continued watching to see what it would do......

Soon a young mage came in and distracted the chatty acolytes, and also me with his dark elven presence. Then he smoothly and swiftly, went back to his corner and sat back down. As I continued to watch the cloaked figure, I saw it stick a small hand out of his cloak and reveal a healing potion. Then with quick movement pulled his hand in and out of his cloak, this time it was empty. Becoming evermore curious, I continued to watch the small figure closely. It then stuck out four small fingers, and flicked them ten times, and withdrew his hand back into his cloak. It took me a moment to figure this out, but soon I thought that I had what he wanted. I pulled out an almost empty sack of gold, and revealed its contents to the cloaked figure. As soon as I did this it started shaking wildly, then revealed its hand again and pointed with its index finger to the ground. I thought for a moment, then thinking I had interpreted correctly, sat the small bag of gold on the ground. As soon as the sack had hit the ground, the little figure snatched up the sack and dropped the potion in a single motion. I picked up the potion and smiled, then wondered what else the little cloaked thing would do.

It repeated that process several times, and being the curious ranger I am, I forked over gold over and over to the interesting little creature. Soon the dark elven scum returned, creating an unbearable stench that I could not ignore. I spat toward the dark elf and told him to go rest somewhere else. Of course he did not take this and spat back at me. Enraged by this act, I challenged him to a duel. As we both steped outside the chapel, the little thing followed. As I looked at him the dark elf threw a cheap fireball at me, which hit me dead in the left shoulder. I responded by cast a spell of confusion on the dark elf, and swiftly defeating him with two arrows from my crossbow.

As I went back into the chapel the little cloaked figure followed, and soon a hand emerged with some sort of object being held in it. He started drawing something on the floor of the chapel as the dark elf wandered back in. I kept watching the little creature ignoring the dark elf.........the drawing quickly progressed and showed a dark, hairy little figure, with two arrows sticking out of him, bleeding quite profusely. I chuckled and looked to the little figure and heard some snickering from under the cloak. The dark elf didnt like this much and kicked at the drawing erasing it, and stomped out of the chapel immediatly.

I started wondering about the strange little figure and I asked its name.....no answer.....I decided that it must not have a name, so I decided to give it a nickname....I pondered on this for a while and then decided on a nickname that fitted his actions....Swifty........

I hope to see more of Swifty and his interesting behaviour......
Last edited by Brute on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brute

Postby stoner » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:17 am

so thats what he was doing, btw confusion sucks
(i cant believe you killed me) :shock: :shock: :shock:

i was hoping i could keep you from shooting me with your bow, but obviously it was unsuccsessful(spell check plz)
stoner

Regarding Shifty

Postby Sothis » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:51 am

(OOC) Sorry I didn't know if I should post this here or in the OOC post, but I thought I would place it under this thread. If there was any way possible I could get Shifty my thief back I would appreciate it. I had a few RP awards with him, though I don't know if it was enough to recover him from the dust. I have sent some mails to certain DM's and I haven't had a response so I figured I would put something here and refresh some memories.
Sothis

Return to Stories