Fistfight: hobbit vs half-giant

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Fistfight: hobbit vs half-giant

Postby Ghandi » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:05 am

After congratulating a bard with his new rank, saying i was happy to see this young bard grew, i got a comment that he older than me. Older than me? Lets ask the local town crier about that! And as i expected my name was called. Rone and Hurk, two hard working barbarians, came to ask to town crier the same thing and were surprised he told them my name. Well then, if im that old, i must be quite experienced was Rone's conclusion. He removed his weapon and as i scratched my head wondering why he was doing that, Rone challenged me for a fistfight to see whether or not i was experienced enough to handle a half-giant. I looked at him to see if he was serious or not. He seems to be and i cackled gleefully. "OK then, be aware you should not underestimate the inner strength of this little hobbit." Rone laughed and punched me in the face. I could barely react fast enough and i got slightly hit. Partly surprised, partly laughing, i readied my little fist. Being a hobbit, im not tall enough to hit a half-giant in the face, so i could only reach him in the stomach or headbutt him in the crotch. I punched Rone hard, real hard. Rone stepped a few steps backwards due to the power of my blow. "Dat quite a punch you got der, little one." Rone reacted and he spit some blood on the ground. I grinned a bit: "There's more where that came from!" Rone tried to make the same kind of punch i made, but failed only by hitting me little. Again i've guided all my inner strength to my fist and i unleashed it all on Rone's stomach again. This one was ever harder then my first one. My first one could be compared with a strong blow of a dwarven hammer, but my second did so much damage, only a barbarian in a rage could do the same amount of damage with a hammer. Rone fell back on the ground, spitting more blood on the ground and knew he could not mess with the hobbit. Ashamed, having to see a hobbit, who usually are weak and fragile, being superior over himself. Rone did not wanted to take the risk of being totally beated to limbo and wisely stood up and tried to stumble back to the chapel. In the meanwhile, I was close to a stunt, by beating a half-giant on his own territory by beating them with strength and not with intelligence like most others do. So i tried to pursui him and finish what Rone has started. Rone walked back, seriously injured as i implemented another, though less powerful, punch on him. Rone was happy that he made it to the local healing chapel and when i got there, i got myself together and we both could laugh about the event that just has happened on the streets. I used my healing powers to heal him up and to we decided to get a drink at the local tavern to forget all the bloodshed and horror we usually encounter. Dwar was happy to see us and we ordered quite some mugs of mead. Maybe too much mugs as we both had trouble staying at the spot where we sat.

Now i woke up with a headache... :? Oh well, maybe a good breakfast with eggs and bacon will cure that!
Ghandi

Return to Stories