An Ice Cold Cave

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

An Ice Cold Cave

Postby Broken » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:44 am

Brix---:
--------:
I continued trying to smash the door with my hammer, even as Draedoc arrived. I quickly gave up when I saw him however, paying him his gold as he cheerfully, and easily, picked the lock. He decided he'd best not stay, and disappeared quickly. Bruno nodded to me and swung his hammer onto his shoulder and we descended into the passageway.
I hardly noticed the chill we first felt, as it was only slightly warmer where we came from. I stopped Bruno, "There are footprints here, they look like they were left here recently." Bruno stooped down to examine the footprints more closely, but I didn't notice. I had already begun to charge down the passage, eager for battle. It didn't take very long to find it either, another undead soon stood before me, this one a warrior.
Without a word, the armour-clad skeleton raised his blade to me, I jumped into battle, swinging hard. The skeleton skilfully avoided my blow, setting me off balance as he struck my backside. I looked back down the passage to see that Bruno had only just realized what was going on, and was still a good 50 feet away. As I turned to face my enemy I swung again, this time graizing him, knocking a couple ribs out from under his armour. My hammer however was not stopped by this blow, and crashed into the wall, vibrating hard and stunning me. The vile creature took advantage of this, and with a heavy kick placed me on the floor. I looked up, into the black eyeless holes of his bleached white skull as he drew his blade to finish me off. Suddenly I was slung backwards, Bruno had arrived and pulled me to safety, and not a moment too soon.
The warriors blade recoiled off the hard ground with a loud *ding*. Bruno quickly answered the creatures confusion with a hard blow, expecting to rip the apart the creature's frail structure. Instead, his hammer met the beasts armour, saving it from oblivion, but still knocking him back well enough. By now I was on my feet, following Bruno's blow with my own, bringing my dwarven hammer down hard on the skeleton's head, cracking it in two.
The battle won, we collected our spoils and further examined our surrounding. I hadn't realized how cold it was until now, as I was preoccupied with the battle. The air chilled me to the bone as we slowly walked deeper into the cavern, but it was not only the air that bothered me... it was something... something evil that chilled me, even more than the cold air. The walls were covered with ice here, it was a strange room. Before we could inspect it further a foul odor hit me, causing me to gag. I realized there was poison in the air, and looking at Bruno, he knew it too. We quickly decided to take our leave. Returning to the chapel Amethyst, our minds are left to wonder what dwells within the depths of the strange cave of ice...
Broken

Return to Stories