When Gnolls Attack

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

When Gnolls Attack

Postby Malfice » Fri May 11, 2007 2:04 am

As I had just gotten through slaying some bandits I decided I would go see what was going on in Coral. I was wondering down a path and I notice a gnoll bandit had popped out of nowhere and ambushed me. I quickly swung my hammer into the bandits face, stunning him for a mere moment. He swung back as I dodged it and struck him with a critical blow. He was badly injured by that moment I could see. He lunged at me once more and hit my chest armour. I finished him off with a strike from my mighty hammer.

I heard some grunting noises, I searched through and found there was a fire near a path. I searched farther down to find more gnolls. I had defeated them with ease as I try to explore more of what I have found. I look around and see a bunch of pathways to choose from, I plan not to get lost so I take notice of my surroundings.

I stumble upon a bridge and I see something gleem in a cave across the bridge infront of me. I walk over the rickety bridge arriving at the cave. I take a hard look around and all I see is crystals. I take a further look and come to see a powerfull old looking gnoll sub-chief, he saw me and immediately called his gnoll cronies.

I quickly defeated the two large gnolls that came at me. As I was trying to make my way back out of there, a gnoll fighter and a gnoll warrior had attacked me. I dodged the fighters feeble attack as the warrior had struck me knocking me back a bit. I quickly swung my maul into the fighter knocking the wind out of him as I healed myself. The gnoll warrior was persistant in his attacks and bashed my shoulder. I slammed the hammer powerfully into his head injuring him. The gnoll fighter snap back into action and smacked me in the leg, kneeling on the group I swiftly gripped my maul, swining it at the fighter with all my force, defeating him. Still with the warrior on my hands I am left with a few injuries. I rise to my feet and the warrior sees his chance to attack and knocks me back a few feet. Still concious I grip my cross tightly and chant to God Hara for his guidance. I close my eyes and focus all my energy into the hammer and critically strike the warrior defeating him. I catch my breath and heal for a bit.

As I attempt to leave a large gnoll and a gnoll warrior show up. I grip the handle of my hammer with both hands readying myself for battle. I quickly defeat the large gnoll as the warrior smashes away at me. I swing and knock the wind out of him. I smash my hammer critically injuring him and he calls out for help. I see a gnoll mage, a gnoll warrior, and a gnoll fighter come for his rescue. I look around and think to myself "God Hara send me a mircale!".

Right at that moment I see Brix walk in, holding a large dwarven hammer. He looks around, examining what is going on. Him seeing a mighty Paladin in distress, runs quickly to help me defeat them. Brix swiftly bashes the gnoll mage stunning him. The warrior mainly focuses upon Brix wailing away, as I stand back healing our wounds and attacking the petty gnolls. Brix bashes the gnoll mage once more as I finish off the gnoll fighter. I see Brix, with no might i've seen before, powerfully and destructively smash into the mage instantly defeating him. I was in pure shock I forgot about the gnoll warrior attacking us. Brix smashes his hamer into the warrior. I snap quickly out of my haze and smack the warrior defeating it. As I stand there astounded from our battles, I see Brix wander off. As I see that i'm free from battle, I quickly run to the Centre to heal my wounds.

He will never know how much he helped me that day.
Malfice

Return to Stories