Deep into the Abyss*

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Deep into the Abyss*

Postby Kampfer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:44 am

Roaming his library with a furious anger, the undead knight put an heavy eye upon the book lying down on the main table, the same that was taken from the Weapon Master, Jagg.

"You won't fool anyone, anymore... ANYMORRRE!!"

The shouting made the book fly to the other side of the room and let a mark on the wall. Staring at it, an evil grin started to grow to a scary size on the face of the dread knight.

Few seconds later, the book was in his hand and already at mid-air, heading to the east. No words were exchanged during the travel that brought them to the west side of Coral. Making his way throught an impressive complex and its basements, he did a short pause in front of a portal, protected himself from ambiant effect and entered the gateway to another world. The flames were everything and everywhere but like a beacon, Kampfer headed for the giant hall where the Fire Imp King was sitting on his throne.

With an unusual wisdom, the imp king let the dark knight entering his hall without interfering. Kampfer nodded and spoked to the king:

"I come here in your domain has a part of my empire, and today you are going to serve me well, or you gonna die, hard enough to vanish you from any world you could comeback. I guess you understand your position, and don't worry, I will think of you in a near future."

"your hall will serve to make forget anything about this tome i'm holding in my hand"

A wave of despair came from the book itself and assaulted the mind of Kampfer: "no no, you will commit a grave mistake my
Lord Kampfer!"

Still with anger in his voice he responded out loud: "it is too late, your puny existence is mine to control and in the depths of the inferno you will disappear, no one will ever remember of you"

The room was filling with fire imps, curious of what was going on when they saw a colossal dark knight dropping a tome in the middle of the Hall

Kampfer walked away whispering to himself sacred words, filled with dark magic his aura grew stronger and stronger.

Facing the book, the ritual was begun...

Flying into the air to reach the blazing ceiling, more common words started to be heard.

"IN THE DEPTHS OF THE INFERNO YOU WILL REMAIN! BY THE POWERS FLOWING INTO MY VEINS I OPEN THE FURNACE OF HELL AND CONDAMN YOU TO BE FORGOTTEN!"

An enormous fiery fissure opened, fireballs of all sizes were released into the hall and slowly the flow of lava expended to finally reach the tome where it got engulfed. After few minutes, the fissure started to close itself.

Landing in front of the king, Kampfer warned him to forget what just happened and to make sure all his minions do so, meanwhile, he should start to gather his troops, all of them, to be fully ready to answer his call.

With the leather-bound tome almost forgotten from his memory, the dread knight came back to his lair for more studies.
Kampfer

Return to Stories