From mountains to an oath

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

From mountains to an oath

Postby Keezheekoni » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:00 pm

The Story of Jaulen, as recoreded by Keezheekoni, the half-elven mage

Part I: Of days past
The cold mountain sleet pelted the half exposed face of Jaulen as he trudged through the knee deep snow. He reached his hand up to reposition his cloak, better covering his face. Far below this mountain a faint light glimmered that could mean civilization. His hand felt around for the sword handle to make sure that it was still present.

Jaulen was a former mercenary for the armies of Gaaul in the lands far east of Dapetan. His half-orc background made him prime for the job. Always with a large array of weapons he was quite the feared rogue. The army was not fed well, and their garb was even less. There was a mutiny in which he did not participate. He had sworn his loyalty to his master, and he would hold to his promise. Banishment was sentenced to Jaulen from the new tyrannical state of Gaaul. Without a word He picked up his sword, his multiple knives, and his cloak to take leave. This brought him far west, to the mountains near Coral.

Back to the mountain the cold was overwhelming him. His very frame was consumed by onslaught of ice that the unforgiving god brought upon him. "Why? what brought him to this fate?" he thought as he turned his stare to the gloomy sky. After a moment on the ground he turned back to the faint light he saw below. It couldn't be that far. With every ounce of strength he continued his trek down the mountain until everything faded into black.

Part II: Of Assassins
A bright yellow light started him into conciousness. "Where am I?" he spoke while shielding his eyes. A young human doctor walked over to him and continued with a bandage on his arm.

"You are in the inn of Olmar, young friend." At this Jaulen passed back into black.

After a long but smooth recovery Jaulen was introduced to the assassin underground. His background as a mercenary made him a perfect candidate for the assassins guild. Unfortunately many of these details he declined to tell me for the Guild of assassins is notorious for its secrecy.

Part III: Of Meddlings with Dark Knights
Jaulen picked up a tiny dagger in disguist. He had no idea where his old equipment was, but he had only this tiny dagger to begin his training. Much of his former strength was lost during his recovery at Olmer's which also proved to be a spike in his back. He walked around briefly putting familiar sites into his rock solid memory. A tall figure approached clad in dreadful armour. From his armour of dragon scales, to his near invisible braces on his arms, he was an imposing figure. Jaulen had seen many warriors in his past, but none matched up to this mans sheer strength. The very sight sent a shiver down his spine. Kampfer was dread knight in which Jaulen had met. "I am here to serve," said Jaulen, who was almost in a trance. "I will serve you to whatever end."

Kampfer stared at the seemingly small figure of Jaulen, wondering what a small assassin such as him could do. "How do I know that you will keep to your word?" he asked in the most wicked of voices.

"By the crimson oath," said Jaulen as he reached for his dagger.

"Very well," said the evil Kampfer who led Jaulen away from town. They entered the sacred lair of the demonic dark knights. Jaulen stared in awe at the giant figure of the statue of Kron. Its glowing eyes saw through Jaulen's exterior and made their way to his soul. "Here you will take your oath young assassin," said Kampfer.

Jaulen got down on his knees and slowly ran his dagger through each palm, and each cheek spilling his blood before the great statue of Kron. Jaulen put his head to the floor, touching the puddle of blood, in worship. "Stand," said Kampfer abruptly. Jaulen stood and both he and Kampfer bowed before the great statue of Kron before taking their leave.

This found them back in the chapel near Amethyst square. A large sword was given to Jaulen by Kampfer in which he quickly wielded, remembering his former sword of days past.....
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Return to Stories