Grumpy Assassins

Had an adventure you want to share? A near miss or simply the story of your life!

Grumpy Assassins

Postby crow » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:35 pm

There I was, quietly minding my own business and checking out if someone had put out a contract on me. Well you never know and its better than finding out when someone like Niven ends up standing behind you coughing politely as you fall to the floor...... Anyway, minding my own business and there is Volman scowling at everyone, even me though I'd done nothing! Seems he lost something and was in a bad mood, a very bad mood. Well, he seemed distracted and I got a good peek at his stuff. He had a potion that I'd not seen before, only had described to me by Erynn. At the sight of it my fingers were itching and the itching was getting bad. So nice a potion, I just had to try for it.

Assassins are truly a pain. Not only did he spot when I tried to cut the strings holding the potion to his belt but he then proceeded to ready his weapons and try out an impromptu contract on me immediately. Does he hit hard...... A stranger fight you'll likely not see, dodging between the shadows my blackstar against his dagger and there wasn't a lot in it. Perhaps he was tired or maybe it was that thieves really are better at hiding but slowly I got the upper hand. He was looking ragged and breathing hard, many cuts on his dark clad form but then so was I. I was able to fade into the shadows and ghosted behind him, turning as he turned, breathing as he breathed, as near to invisible as you can be. Then he made his mistake, a butterfly entered the room and in reflex he threw his dagger at the movement, he pinned the butterfly to the wall but I was able to pin my blackstar into his back and with a critical strike no less. Even as he fell to the floor I had already claimed the potion and was sliding past two of his murderesses who were coming to investigate the noise.

The assassins have long memories and their leaders twice that. It will be a long time before I dare go near them again and then it will be only if I have no choice. Still I have my pretty and I hope its everything Erynn said it was. A fine day at the Assassins Guild minding my own business indeed!
crow

Postby Valiant » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:06 pm

'tis good to hear such an evil man being slain, much as I would have to disagree with the motive and the means.
Valiant

Postby crow » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:25 pm

Egads!

Can't you paladins just leave well enough alone. He's bigger and stronger than me and hit me first :-/ You can't have it both ways you know. If you don't like the methods then you'll just have to toddle over there and smack him silly. No? if you've not done so then you shouldn't really criticise.

walks away slowly while shaking his head in despair at the sheer stubborness of armour plated paladins who think they actually know better...
crow

Return to Stories