Fleeing of creatures

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Fleeing of creatures

Postby Scorpion » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:04 pm

When i circle or bind a player, he cannot flee. but when i circle/bind a creature he can flee. I think it's better to make them fail to flee.
Scorpion

Postby Steejo » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:46 pm

I agree although i can not circle or bind it seems a fair point that has been made. If the players cannot flee then niether should the creatures.
Steejo

Postby Kaedan » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:57 am

This is something that's been on our list for a while. Sadly the flee code is part of the original mordor code and so this would not be done as a particularly small fix. It will be changed one day but it's currently buried somewhere deep in our mysterious todo library... so it wont be for a while.

--Kaedan
Kaedan

Postby Ghandi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:13 pm

I've got this feeling that all our suggestions are already on your todo list. Why not let us peek just a little on that list to save a lot of pointless suggestions :P
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 pm

Cause it would take them hours to write it down?
:lol:
Scorpion

Postby Kaedan » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:28 am

Hours??!

We do already have a lot written down, to write down the rest would take many weeks!

It's inevitable that *most* suggestions have either been suggested before or we've thought of them ourselves as most of them are simply common sense. It's not always the case though, there is the odd suggestion we receive that we've never seen or considered before. If you get told your ideas are already in our todo list then take heart, it means that we think the idea is a good 'un...

I can't show you the library, it'd be far too terrifying to see it all at once and I don't want to risk trickling out details. Suffice it to say that there isn't a part of the original code that we dont want to overhaul, even the stuff we overhauled/improved/patched to get where we are today. It's a constant battle between putting in quick fixes and trying to really enhance the game.

We do appreciate seeing the players suggestions, if nothing else it allows us to see how 'in tune' they are with our own ideas and whether or not they're able to see how small changes can drastically alter the balance of the game. It also helps us see when certain things are more important to change than others.

--Kaedan
Kaedan

Return to Suggestions