Fatigue

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Fatigue

Postby Keezheekoni » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:29 am

If I were seriously injured (say 30 out of 70) hp, then I doubt that I could battle as well as when I was in perfect health. Same for monsters. It would make fighting a lot more interesting and realistic. For not fighting as well you could lower damage, or make it longer between when you can hit. Ahh two you's in one sentence referring to different beings... english is fun.
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Ruan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:00 am

That sounds like a good idea, but there are a few issues to consider...

As far as game mechanics go, such a change would make it highly advantageous for players to try to remain on full HP. This gives rather an unfair advantage to mages and the like, but more importantly it means that people are significantly less likely to die. If you're trying to stay on full HP rather than just on 'enough' HP to survive, any slight miscalculation is not likely to kill you. Obviously it's important to have a reasonable risk of death, else all survival achievements become worthless.

Also, an injured creature might actually fight with more desperation when it realises that it is fighting for its life, rather than just defending its patch or picking on someone they think they can beat up easily. Like the way that people in desparate situations sometimes discover a physical strength they didn't know they possessed.

It's a thought, definitely - but would increase the difficulty of the game quite a bit and obviously would require significant coding and a lot of balancing, so would have to be considered very carefully. Still - noted.
Ruan

Return to Suggestions