Condition of items

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Condition of items

Postby Qoith » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:59 am

I just want to say how useful the latest update is - being about to see the condition of weapons/armor really helps to cut down on weight being carried around - no longer will I have to carry around stuff that is about to break while leaving other useful stuff on the ground coz I can't carry it :D
Qoith

Postby Ghandi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:24 pm

I think weapons shatter far too much now. On a good days i shattered 3 weapons and broke 1. Would think that dwarven hammers last little longer cuz people always say dwarven craftmanship is the best there is.
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:24 pm

But the real problem is that (experienced) players train their weapon skills depending on their knowledge of weapons. If i think of a paladin/knight, i see them with a sword, a large one. But, since swords aren't that good (never tried blackstar one, but that one is hard to get) most paladins train blunt, cause these dwarven hammers are good. Some train sharp cause of blackstar stilleto. Casters train pole (some trust cause of legs and prob habe no knowledge of getting these arms).

I would suggest to make weapons more class related. Like with swords paladins do more damage then when a d-k wields one. Hammers are more for barbarians/fighters, so make them do more damage (or others less).

This would result that every player can use all weapons. If non-monks try to wiel a silver ram staff (= monk weapon) then they should hit not that hard.. like a penalty.

O, right, allmost forgot. Why isn't there a silver staff for mages?
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:41 pm

Class have already related weapons.. read the class/help (help paladin) it shows what weapon is weak and what weapon is good..

I must agree for the paladin with sword is hard to do.. because all good swords are wielded by blue perm.. maybe put more good swords on evil stuff.

why giving penalty to a monk if he wield a silver ram (cause its a monk weapon) so I don't understand why punish monk for wielding weapon they are allowed to play with.

in the case of mage I just don't understand why they can't wield silver weapon... they can wield gold dagger but they can't wield silver dagger.. strange.

I think thats it..
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:42 am

Kampfer wrote:why giving penalty to a monk if he wield a silver ram (cause its a monk weapon) so I don't understand why punish monk for wielding weapon they are allowed to play with.

That wasn't what i tried to say. What i was talking about was that everyone can wiel a weapon, no matter if you are monk, barb or something else. So i think a barb could wiel a monk weapon, but can't hit good with it. Let's say 0-5 damage (normal barb (high lvl) hits for 10-20 with crappy weapons). Perhaps barbs are just too dumb to wiel it, but i could also talk about paladins/dk's

Well, hope you understand what i mean now. Not giving monks a penalty, but non-monk wielding a monk weapon.....
Scorpion

Postby Valiant » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:19 am

Kampfer wrote:I must agree for the paladin with sword is hard to do.. because all good swords are wielded by blue perm.. maybe put more good swords on evil stuff.

Diamantium longswords come from various evil npc's. The problem is not availablility of swords, but the inferior strength of the diamantium longsword compared to the dwarven hammer or blackstar stilleto.
Valiant

Postby Ruan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:16 am

This problem - availability of weapon types of various strengths - will improve as the database expands. At the "blackstar stilleto" level of weapon, quite a number of alternatives have been added fairly recently. Similary, at the level of werewolf-suitable weapons there is now much more than a dwarven rune hammer to go at. It's a problem still, but is being continually addressed as new areas are added in.

Regarding crits and weapons breaking a bit faster as a knock on effect of critical hits being more common - we're discussing that as part of a wider issue regarding weapons. Please bear with it for now.
Ruan

Return to Suggestions