Armour

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Postby Keezheekoni » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:39 am

Lets see
On body: Robe of the Phoenix, "A glistening red robe emobroidered with a giant orange phoenix spilling flames."
on head: Top hat
On legs: Worn brown leggings, "These dusty leggings show years of use from their dusty exterior."
On feet: Firewalking sandals, "Glowing red sandals that attach themselves to your feet with no strap."
On hands: Flaming gloves, "These gloves reflect a shimmering orange light that creates the appearence of a live flame."

Ohh I love the top hat :D
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby jagg » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:16 am

Some suggestions:

Bronze armour: heavy and might not last long. Still, if it was good enough for the hoplites...

Pieces with archaic names such as pauldrons (shoulder protection i.e. arms), cuisse and greaves (upper and lower leg), vambrace (arms), sabatons (feet) etc...
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/3505/index.html for some good information on armour with an eastern flavour. http://schmitthenner.com/ uses a lot of these terms also.

Protection for mages and other magic users - say a diadem that protects like a helm, a talisman that protects like a collar and so forth. I think there is a fine fantasy tradition of substantially armed and armoured mages, the battle mage, and if that is a mage's 'style', they are catered for to some extent already. For a mage who wants to be seen as a purer wizard however, it would be nice if there were a few more trinkets that afford protection without being actual armour.
jagg

Postby Scorpion » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:53 pm

OK, perhaps this is a good idea.

Why don't let smiths, or someone else, can put embleds on the armour piece for some gold i guess. I think there are people, like Kampfer, who would love to add an embled of something... evil... on there shield.
Like Anubis has a hammer embled on his shield, it's sad others can't see. So also make it visible to others, like a lion' diamantium shield (for Ghandi :) )
Scorpion

Postby Ghandi » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:08 pm

Sweet
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:57 pm

I know what Kampfer should wear.. a full plate of Ghandi's bone... a Valiant's skull helmet and a Scorpion's hide mask...

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:54 am

Remember, Ghandi's a hobbit. Not much bone there :P
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:13 pm

ok then.. a breastplate made of Ghandi's bone chest/legs and arms... and ohh.. the spine could be used as a weapon too.
Kampfer

Postby brent » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:15 pm

Keezheekoni wrote:Lets see
On body: Robe of the Phoenix, "A glistening red robe emobroidered with a giant orange phoenix spilling flames."
on head: Top hat
On legs: Worn brown leggings, "These dusty leggings show years of use from their dusty exterior."
On feet: Firewalking sandals, "Glowing red sandals that attach themselves to your feet with no strap."
On hands: Flaming gloves, "These gloves reflect a shimmering orange light that creates the appearence of a live flame."

Ohh I love the top hat :D
--Keez

### OOC:that would be sweet for my mage 8)
brent

Previous

Return to Suggestions