OOC Channel and Mixing up tourney

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

OOC Channel and Mixing up tourney

Postby Keezheekoni » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:00 pm

I am sure that an out of character channel where we can all chat while playing los has been considered, but the rp orientation probably make this idea not so great. Aside from that fact, I think that a channel where we can talk out of character while playing would be nice. We (Dutch fellows, American fellows, No one from UK for some reason) talk on irc often as a substitute. Certainly there could be an option to turn it off if you didn't want to hear people ramblings. So instead of doing something like "gt ooc: blah" or "broadcast ooc: blah" there could be a channel to post that type of stuff.

The second suggestion was equiping the gold arena with a little more flavor. Perhaps a zone that enhances fire magic and does fire damage, or a room with a trap, or perhaps a little underwater tunnel. Something to make the tourney more interesting and less routine.

I already bugged you (DMs... well Kaedan) about a treasure hunt, but doing it more is always good. Been a while :twisted:

Thanks for making the tourney exist and supplying fun. I know that you do this for us, and that asking you to do more is pretty selfish... but yeah.
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Scorpion » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:04 pm

With that ooc channel you might get to know people behind it better, making the game even more fun. Or at least, play more.
Scorpion

Postby Steejo » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:55 pm

how do you get irc?
Steejo

Postby Kampfer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:58 pm

usually I won't give that kind of info to everyone.. because certain person s*ck hard and we just don't want to see them act like idiots on IRC too... BUT you get the program from www.mirc.com (free program... with a trial.. which after you STILL CAN USE IT WITHOUT BEING OUTLAW.... understood Valiant?!?!? :wink: )

for the server.. we are stuck on Efnet and the channel is simple... #los
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm

Kampfer wrote:(free program... with a trial.. which after you STILL CAN USE IT WITHOUT BEING OUTLAW.... understood Valiant?!?!? :wink: )

A 30 day trial. Retaining functionality or not, to keep using it is a violation of applicable laws.

Besides, I simply use Opera, latest version includes an irc client. I've bought this one, but if I hadn't, Opera does not have a time limitation on the trial (just some advertisement banner you hardly notice anyway and for which you can more or less choose what to display). I'd recommend Opera as a browser anyway :) www.opera.com
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:23 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I'm still stunned about you and the laws.. a chance you play a paladin or I would never believe it with my own eyes :)
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions