weapon class resistance

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

weapon class resistance

Postby Scorpion » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:17 pm

For magic we have creatures that resist (or deflect) fire magics. Or water, wind and earth. I the worst case all of them, which leaves astral doing the job.

For weapons, there is only deflect all, and sometimes you need magical weapons to hit a creature. About that deflecting. I can imagine a creature with a thick skin. Wie a blunt weapon, a hammer, that creature shouldn't feel that much. But if you use a sharp or thrust weapon, dagger or sword, it will go through it's skin, cause it's sharp.

My suggestion is make creature deflect some classes, instead of all.
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:30 pm

almost in the same topic why not crafting new weapons which deal fiery dmg or lightning dmg? :wink:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:13 am

How about the ability to mix certain items with weapons to give them special abilities for a certain time or just forever. Example: Mix oil lamp with a diamantium longsword, and you sword your sword burns and does some extra fire damage which Kampfer talks about.
Ghandi

Synthril

Postby Sothis » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:00 pm

I think...whoever said the stuff about blunts not affecting but sharps and thrust should...I agree with that. Another thing I should/want to mention is that why doesn't alchemists enchanting things last? My enchantments last like not even a minute and most weapons it says. You may not enchant that item or weapon whatever. I think an alchemist enchantment should last forever until the weapon breaks, or like a few days, not two minutes at most. It's useless if it only lasts 1min...even at level 17 I think Tipsy said it doesnt last that long. So what's the point of the skill? You enchant your armour for one battle, might end during battle, then your done? I just think it's a skill that needs to be worked on, even though I don't play Synthril as much. Just my opinion though :D
Sothis

Re: Synthril

Postby Valiant » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:50 pm

Sothis wrote:I think...whoever said the stuff about blunts not affecting but sharps and thrust should...I agree with that. Another thing I should/want to mention is that why doesn't alchemists enchanting things last? My enchantments last like not even a minute and most weapons it says. You may not enchant that item or weapon whatever. I think an alchemist enchantment should last forever until the weapon breaks, or like a few days, not two minutes at most. It's useless if it only lasts 1min...even at level 17 I think Tipsy said it doesnt last that long. So what's the point of the skill? You enchant your armour for one battle, might end during battle, then your done? I just think it's a skill that needs to be worked on, even though I don't play Synthril as much. Just my opinion though :D

Well the most annoying part is the lots of weapons that can't be enchanted, especially the good ones. But for the duration, it lasts long enough for about 2 or 3 fights, so it can give some tactical advantage when you need it.

And enchanting armour is, well erm... pretty useless.
Valiant

Return to Suggestions