Peeking the unpeekable

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Peeking the unpeekable

Postby Scorpion » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:57 pm

when you are playing a thief you notice 2 kind of creatures: the droppers (peekable) and the traders (unpeekable).

About those traders. When you try to peek them you see this:

"You shouldn't do that, someone will think you are a thief"

For a thief this is quite annoying, cause like i care if they think i'm a thief, cause i AM one.

I suggest all creatures should be peekable. Knowing creatures are traders/droppers is valuable information, especially in new area's with new creatures.

Ps. Don't know if it's possible, but why aren't there creatures who can drop and can trade?

PPs. Can you give the line which says if you have mail a colour, like green when you have no mail and red if you have new mail... perhaps blue for undeleted mail.
Scorpion

Postby jagg » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:24 pm

*goes off to start a thief immediately*
jagg

thief

Postby brent » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:50 pm

:lol: same here :lol:

(yells) LOOTER!!
brent

Postby Valiant » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:04 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think this is the case... most creatures are peekable afaik, including trading perms.

But I agree it's a rather annoying message. Of course Nightshade isn't a thief, why would anyone ever think so ? :roll:
Valiant

Postby Scorpion » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:28 pm

try to peek a hawker, you'll see.
Scorpion

Postby Ruan » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:37 am

If the perm trades using logic rather than the old mordor "trade" command then they will still be able to drop items. Otherwise (rather annoyingly) the slots for carrying items are used up in defining the trades so they cannot both trade and carry. The message could certainly use improvement and peek is on the list for an overhaul at some point.
Ruan

Return to Suggestions