limbo limit

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

limbo limit

Postby Illyatra » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:01 pm

I was thinking (somthing i try not to do) that maybe there should be a limit on how many times you go to limbo before your charachter is actually gone. well maybe its not a great suggestion but i like it :idea:
Illyatra

Postby Scorpion » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:03 pm

But why?
Scorpion

Re: limbo limit

Postby Qoith » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:52 pm

Illyatra wrote:maybe its not a great suggestion but i like it :idea:

I HATE it :!:
Qoith

Postby Ghandi » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:41 am

Let me get this straight. You are actually suggesting a limit on how many times your char may die?? Come on....I mean, you can't be serious on that! :shock: :shock: :shock: With that Ghandi and many others would have been dusted 10 times by now. What's the fun of taking risks if you'll introduce a death limit? The loss of xp and skills are worse enough (see death topic).
Ghandi

Re: limbo limit

Postby brent » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:27 pm

Qoith wrote:
Illyatra wrote:maybe its not a great suggestion but i like it :idea:

I HATE it :!:

it really sucks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
brent

Postby erynn » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:48 pm

Perhaps the *option* to play a hardcore character might be nice. Involving much harsher exp cut off points - like earning no exp/gold for killing things more than 3-4 levels smaller than you or for group kills and much higher rate of exp for fighting stuff that is no more than 1 level below you. Perhaps allow 1 resurrection every few levels or something to cover freaky events like computer crashes and cats on keyboards. I'd like this kind of challenge, you could level much quicker but you have to play a lot harder, easy kills get you nothing, and death is (mostly) terminal. Not for everyone but it might tempt those of us who like a challenge with the incentive of really good exp. But it would need a lot of code I suppose - and to make it fair, even code to stop hardcore characters getting items they haven't earned, to stop cheaty people transferring weapons/spells etc - which is probably impossible...
erynn

Postby Steejo » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:08 pm

But what wud happen if u got to a really high level (like kampfer/ghandi) and then died. And u couldnt get anymore resurections cause u cant level anymore?
Steejo

Postby Illyatra » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:30 pm

well i was just thinking it would be an interesting addition that would make people play a little different. now im not thinking like you get to die twice then its over i was thinking like 15 was a decent number. somthing i just thought of. i didnt expect anyone to like it just thought i would share it. no reason to be so hateful :evil: well thats all
Illyatra

Postby Scorpion » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:41 pm

I've seen other games with this Hardcore system (non-mud). Those chars lvld up faster, were stronger. I think this could only be fun if you can lvl up faster, like getting twice the amount of xp from a creature. It's sounds like a challenge, but i think it would be abused for killing guys you won't attack normally. Or trying to figure out what a (new) creature casts/hits for.
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:08 am

I agree a hardcore system could be very nice to add.

Some of you knows I'm working (at this time its stuck because my linux server is just down since few months) on a mud based on dungeons and dragons 3.5 edition corerules and I wanted to incorpore such thing like hardcore character at the creation.. multi language (at this time french and english) and I really think hardcore mode can bring new challenge to old players who don't really get challenge of los.. like Erynn and Duel ;)
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions