Captured not killed

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Captured not killed

Postby jagg » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:48 am

As an alternative to 'death' with all the skills and experience loss, perhaps certain creatures or whole areas could result in the capture of the character when otherwise they would be killed. For example, town guards might throw the victim in the cells, only to be released on payment (i.e. purchase) of a pardon from the jailer or judge. Bandits might sell a character their 'freedom' (to be invoked) or a guard could be bribed to let them out.

Imagine being captured and losing all your equipment! This would hardly be a soft option compared to death as it stands now. Possibly storing the gear in another room, so you'd have a chance of getting it back - perhaps not all of it, as they sell off choice pieces. Or the kit could be distributed amongst the bandits, so you have to slay them to recover your stuff. I think it would give great chances for more interaction between characters as you ask the paladins to come and rescue you from your captors, or pay a thief to come and pick the lock to let you out.
jagg

Postby Scorpion » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:43 pm

Perhaps use the jail more. Like when guards see you fighting, they can kill you.. but instead of that you get thrown in jail.
Also, outlaw. When people become outlaw cause they killed creatures which will get outlaw (like criers) they should be put in jail instead of getting killed by that hunter (For unexperienced players.. yes.. you get killed)
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:40 am

guards interfering is good in some points.. if about to be killed like jagg said they can throw you away.. but I don,t see a guard standing in front of me with enough piety to jail me instead of erasing me from the lands.. cause i'm a bad guy (no kidding! :lol: ) maybe a certain lvl/class/aura could be jailed.. the other exterminated..

I'm with you guys.. I want the jail to be used more than now.. but I know DMs are constructing new areas.. which are waited by high players for so long.. few months ago we got a new area in the forest.. last winter it was the goblins camp.. if i'm right the forest was a year before.. so we want new areas before the jail :D
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 am

Town guards are there to keep order in towns right? They are on the good side. So why let them attack the good guys when they are also trying to make those towns safer? Now if a cleric or a paladin kills an evil cutthroat, oaf or some other evil in front of those guards they attack the good ones, that way being on the side of evil. Why not let them join the good ones and attack that little evil creature the good one was attacking?
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:03 pm

two things why they do that.

Guards don't give a sh*t about you are a paladin or not.. look at their aura :wink: `they are there to make street safer.. so if a paladin start to attack random people (even if its a thief) the local autority don't know the facts.. a thief could be someone gentle.. with a good language.. a lady gentlemen.. but a pickpocket.. if guards don't read through your mud windows they CAN'T really find out its a thief ;)

btw.. I don't know if its a bug or they just pee in their pants but I start a fight in front a town guard and they don't move at all.. the are scared of the mighty Kampfer or the spell bug has been casted?
Kampfer

Postby kamon_davidc » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:32 pm

who captured who now?and don't try and find me because you will never find me.
kamon_davidc

Return to Suggestions