Intelligent magic items

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Intelligent magic items

Postby jagg » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:01 am

Reading the stories that Scorpion mentioned, I loved the idea of the talking sword. It should be possible to make objects seem animate with emotes, but I would suggest that it should also require DM permission - otherwise everyone will have items chattering away. So... how about when new special items are given out and the player is keen to put the effort in to make them work, they can be animate. Oh please, oh please, that would be so cool!

:wield sword
Jagg draws the sword which complains "Not again! I'm TIRED. Please can't I have a rest, you've been working me SO hard!"
Jagg wields the gem-encrusted sword
jagg

Postby Scorpion » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:25 pm

Just use emotes for that. If you are good at it, perhaps they can try to make one as RP item.. So go for skillfull Jagg!
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:30 am

a close idea of Jagg's one and maybe more doable (damn.. nice verbs here) could be some cursed weapon.. which could say to specific align/aura or class.. things like "take me... I will grant you power... take me.." once you wield it "feed me... blood.. blood.. innocent child.. blood.. feed me" if not fed player takes dmg from the soul of the weapon.. and stuff... here is just ONE idea of a damn special rare artefact.. but could be introduce as well more often.. and maybe if the artefact is broken it just explode into pieces and dmg the wielder same amount of a burstflame.

can develop more but everyone have pictures in their head about things like that.. go for it :twisted:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:40 am

Hmm, how about a sword that senses evil around him in a certain distance. If a paladin seeks more evil, he could 'ask' the sword about that. The sword say "I smell a rotten stench more east from here" or "Beware, danger lies south of here" or "ATTACK! Attack those evil creatures that wander north!"
Ghandi

Postby kamon_davidc » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:49 pm

your not intelligent your dumb.
kamon_davidc

Postby Ghandi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:11 pm

Be deleted :evil:
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:31 pm

WOW.. Simply WOW.. I don't know who is that kamon_davidc but its a moron for sure.. having an idiot username and speaking like a retard. DMs should simply warn me on his email and IP if he plays I will enjoy myself to smurf him and make his life a nightmare.
Kampfer

Postby brent » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 pm

i dont know who he is either
p.s. i am not your friend, kamon, i dont even know who the h*** you is
brent

Postby kamon_davidc » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:38 pm

Kamper is in the hamper. If you make funof my name Imake funof yours and just call me Kamon. (slaps kamper 1,000 times)
kamon_davidc

Postby Kaedan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:47 pm

Kamon, if you dont have anything useful or intelligent to say on the forum, please say nothing at all. You've already had a couple of posts deleted by us and if you continue we can simply resort to locking you out of the BB.

Thanks,

--Kaedan
Kaedan

Postby kamon_davidc » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:24 pm

not a chance
p.s.
the cow wrote: stop evading the question kamon, what is this land(s) of stone (water and really small rocks) that you are teasing us with

of http://www.icybrian.comgo to the forums there about rpg's
look for the cow and tn5421
kamon_davidc

Postby Kampfer » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:55 pm

O.K. ... I read enough.. msg to that "Tn5421" you really are an idiot.. annoying people and doing pub for los on a forum where other idiots are won't help LoS to become fun.. don't try to bring your friends on if they are to be like that kamon_moron.. your lack of judgement bring chaos in the forum and got on my nerves... and god know how I can lack of that too.

DMs.. I beg you.. give me his information and I will take that in charge :twisted:
Kampfer

Postby brent » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:25 pm

kamon_davidc wrote:not a chance
p.s.
the cow wrote: stop evading the question kamon, what is this land(s) of stone (water and really small rocks) that you are teasing us with

of http://www.icybrian.comgo to the forums there about rpg's
look for the cow and tn5421

how did you get my [icybrian] id kamon
p.s. kampfer we now have something in common, i found out who he is and i hate him too
brent

Postby Kampfer » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:39 pm

brent.. you still are the one who bring him here.. congratulations.. really
Kampfer

Postby Kaedan » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:20 am

Thanks for the offer Kampfer, but we have our own ways of dealing with people like him...

*calmly flips a little red switch*

There, lets see if that helps.

Don't worry, there are always more steps I can take if it doesn't...

--Kaedan
Kaedan

Next

Return to Suggestions