Mages Skill

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Postby Ghandi » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:44 pm

I think it's a curse selling quest items. Ghandi once accidently sold his paladins plate armour..Meglaz dropped it, making it shatter in thousand pieces. Nightshade, i think, accidently sold or drop his level quest item, making him start his char all over again.

Now it's just waiting who the next victim will be :twisted:
Ghandi

Postby Melodor » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:38 pm

We sympathised with people accidently getting rid of quest items and the code was changed to make it difficult to make the mistake. Of course, with every mistake that you do make there is the opportunity for dramaticising it as Jagg did...
Melodor

Postby Ghandi » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:08 pm

My english isn't that well to make stories come alive like the way he did.
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:57 pm

And to be fair to the game engine, this wasn't a quest item. It was just an ordinary (though very nice) sword which would have broken before too long anyway. I'd been so careful up to that point as well, making sure I typed "sell broad", "sell short" etc. after visiting the bandits. The only thing that slightly conspired against me was having in my inventory (amongst other things) a diamantium longsword and a Weaponmaster's sword (in that order). When I carelessly typed "sell sword", it skipped over the LONGsword and took the second one.

No biggy. Easy come, easy go! I think we get a decent level of protection against selling some nice things, like needing confirmation to sell quest items now as Melodor mentioned, and the other one that made me cringe then breathe a huge sigh of relief was "sell claw" after a trip to the hippogriffs... (which you can't do unless your claw bag is empty).
jagg

Postby Valiant » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:51 pm

Ghandi wrote:Nightshade, i think, accidently sold or drop his level quest item, making him start his char all over again.

Ah yes, that one, heh. I pretty much got over that... a few better stats added while restarting anyway ;). Although for RP, it might have been better if Nightshade had more intelligence, despite it being rather useless for magic (all at 0% still at level 10, maybe just a couple of % from quests).

But back to topic: I'd suggest making many actions not disturb your resting, like talking or strolling a bit across the room. Right now, even pressing enter will stop you from resting...
Valiant

Previous

Return to Suggestions