Mail

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Mail

Postby Scorpion » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:00 pm

Most of us have several chars. If you want to check mail you have to log them all and see or just type finger <player>.

I suggest that you have a list of your chars, from which you can see when you log if you have mail of not.

Example:
When I log, i should see then:

Anubis - Undeleted mail
Scorpion - 1 new mail

This way you can see if you have mail or not.
Scorpion

Postby Sothis » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:34 pm

Why don't you just be unpopular like me and just never have to worry about getting mail. :?
Sothis

Postby Scorpion » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:56 am

The only one who get mail are dm/liaison, but let's say i send a mudmail to one of your chars, let's say Sothis. But somehow you don't play with him for weeks cause you like to play with Nrel more. You won't read my mail unless you play sothis. If it is important mail, involving RP or other stuff, it would be a waste..
Scorpion

Postby Melodor » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:00 am

There are some changes we are planning in the long term that would sort this and other issues. But it's far off. For now, your characters are treated as unlinked entities. Why don't you write a macro to check all your other characters for mail, only send mail from your primary character or else supply friends with an actual email address as a short term way of dealing with the problem.
Melodor

Return to Suggestions