Full names

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Full names

Postby Keezheekoni » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:13 pm

I know this is probably an obvious thing that has been looked over, but I was still wondering what your (DMs) take on players having full names was. I guess I don't have much more to add to that... but it would make it interesting if two players were "related" and shared the last name. It could also potentially add to ones character (character being qualities). Righto.
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Ghandi » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:50 am

Having some sort of last names could also add RP potentional to those who want to be family. I've seen (and acted) some RP of this and most of them failed, but having last names, RP could be more visable for others. That way they can react on it in a RP-ish way, helping both sides, as i think we should stimulate RP more as less individuals are rising the RP ladder. This is an RP encouraged MUD btw, so helping eachothers is the least we can do. Therefore im still in favour of showing some sort of menu or ladder of points where you can see if you are improving. Or maybe just a command which only replies with "Your rp last week went worse" or "Your rp has improved". Just something to let you know how you're doing. Now you have those titles proficient and skilful (which im still trying to get, :D ), but the areas to switch from one title to another are huge.

Another idea is having some sort of titles. Of course you already have titles as dread knight, patriarch and ordained paladin, but i'm talking about titles that the lands know you for.

Example: Keezheekoni could be known in the lands as Keezheekoni the Wise. Kampfer as Kampfer bringer of destruction, Rygar the Holy. This way your major characteristic can be seen in your name. In one blink of an eye you can see all kind of different people instead of just 2 marauders or something like that. I think it would definately help those who are having trouble getting really into their character, like me :cry:
Ghandi

Postby Ruan » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:52 pm

Family names are a likely future addition. Custom titles would have to be earned - probably by going off the RP title scale beyond Proficient and Skilled and...
Ruan

Return to Suggestions