Idea's

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Idea's

Postby Scorpion » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:47 pm

Some idea's:

I like the idea of doing quests before your master lets you train. But, i think the quest could be larger.

For explaining what i mean i use a pally quest. there's a quest that involves killing gnardu, the leader of the gnolls. Why don't expand that quest?
Like first you need to kill 3 gnoll sentries and you get like 100 gp in return. When you return you'll be asked to kill a 2 gnoll warriors. And then some subchiefs and then finally you are ready to kill gnardu.

For some quests you can't do that, like stealing a valueble item. But expanding quests in more pieces is something i think it's a good idea.

Perhaps you can make more quests, that doesn't involve a class.

I'm talking about a perm that gives a quest. Let's say a dark knight perm that rewards people for killing paladins. You can do it the way i wrote up here. so first you have to kill a few gallants, then some protectors etc.

this way you can have others help paladins/dks/other classes/races. Yes.. races too. there could be a dark-elf perm that asks and rewards people with killing elves. Qoith would really like that ;).

Just more and more little quests that keep you other of spamming certain creatures all the time.

Talents.

I think characters could have talents. If we look at a mage you could have him/her have a talent for earth magics. I know that barbs have a talent for hammers, but that's more a skill, which they have from when they are born. But you could discover a talent, by learning it from a perm.

Example:
A perm asks you to try out his new sharp weapon. Somehow, while trying out, you feel very good about it and eventually even develop a talent, which make you hit like 2-3 damage harder and miss less.

You can have lot's of experience with a weapon, let's say 100%, but if you have a talent you would be better. Maybe it's an idea to add talents when you are proficient/skillfull. Just to encourage people to RP.

I guess that was it. I really wonder how DM/other people think about some idea's.
Scorpion

Postby Qoith » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:38 am

being rewarded for killing elves would be good ... but first there needs to be more elven mobs to kill ... like a whole elven town would be ideal :twisted:
Qoith

Postby Ruan » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:55 am

All these things are pretty much on the to do list already. The infamous list...
Ruan

Postby Kampfer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:12 am

actually its a good idea.. and the other idea which could be good is to let us see the TODO list and let us sort it by our priority :wink:

well.. its just another idea you know :D
Kampfer

an idea (whats it worth)

Postby brent » Fri May 27, 2005 5:37 am

i had an idea ten minutes ago.

what if we could level up our spells (like vigor) to be more effective than usual (like vigor healing 30 hp at max level ) :idea:

(max level suggested at level 10)
brent

Postby brent » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:45 am

Qoith wrote:being rewarded for killing elves would be good ... but first there needs to be more elven mobs to kill ... like a whole elven town would be ideal :twisted:

*smile*
brent

Re: an idea (whats it worth)

Postby Scorpion » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:18 pm

brent wrote:i had an idea ten minutes ago.

what if we could level up our spells (like vigor) to be more effective than usual (like vigor healing 30 hp at max level ) :idea:

if you lvl up your vigor spell... you'll get mend-wounds... It's allready in!
and if you lvl up burn.. you get fireball.

and if you want to heal for 40+, start a cleric with max pty and get high lvl.
Scorpion

Re: an idea (whats it worth)

Postby brent » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:36 am

Scorpion wrote:
brent wrote:i had an idea ten minutes ago.

if you lvl up your vigor spell... you'll get mend-wounds... It's allready in!
and if you lvl up burn.. you get fireball.

and if you want to heal for 40+, start a cleric with max pty and get high lvl.

i mean to make the particular spell more effective, like better skill in weapons means it is more effective. (ooc: same cost as before if idea gets in plz!)
brent

Postby Scorpion » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:48 pm

Although i think this idea is allready on the neverending to do list, i will mention it, in case it wasn't on it.

I think the spell casting lines can be changed, just as the lines when you hit with a weapon have changed.

Now you have: you cast an immolate spell on the tiny cat.
But if I look at the website at the spell section for immolate:

Command :
CAST IMMOLATE <target>
costs 15mp

The second most powerful spell in the realm of fire immolate causes flames to rise up around the target and then feed inwards attacking everything in their path. These flames seem exceptionally voracious and few come out of the experience without scars. This is a dangerous spell to cast and only well versed practioners of fire magics can successfully cast it.

It would be better if you saw something like this:

Flames rises up around the tiny cat as you cast immolate, causing 47 damage.

This way you can really feel the power of the spell, not only by damage, but also on the looks. If you cast it on another player, (s)he should see something like:
Flames rises up around you when <name> casts an immolate spell on you, causing 48 damage.
Scorpion

Postby Ghandi » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:47 pm

Hmm, in case of Ghandi's spellcasting abilities, it would say:

Blocks of rock slam at the tiny cat as you cast engulf, causing only 36 damage :?
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:36 am

Or....

In ghandi's case.

Once again you failed to slam blocks of rock into the tiny cat as you cast engulf.
Scorpion

Return to Suggestions