Player owned shops

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Player owned shops

Postby Hurk » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:45 am

Maybe Im not the only one here, but I been on "Isengard" and I am a big fan of the player own shops. Where a player can have a shop and get items and put them in there shop. And other players can go there and buy stuff that they dont want and the players that own the shop will get the gold that they other player used to buy it.
Hurk

player shops

Postby magai » Sun May 01, 2005 12:22 am

it would be an idea but room should be limited to 50 items to prevent the storage abuse as occurs on isen. also they should cost at least a million.
just my 2c.
:D
magai

Postby Qoith » Sun May 01, 2005 1:17 am

IMHO - shops and RP dont mix well
Qoith

Postby Valiant » Mon May 02, 2005 5:46 pm

Qoith wrote:IMHO - shops and RP dont mix well

On the contrary. Dependant on how you RP of course.

An older player may decide to start selling the spoils of his adventures...

Someone might start a brewery :roll:

Or one of many other possibilities.

However, an adventuring still travelling and slaying etc. would not do well running a shop...
Valiant

Postby Qoith » Tue May 03, 2005 8:15 am

I was thinking more along the lines of shops offering the opportunity of "someone" buying from a player shop whereas the "sale" would never proceed if the "someone" and the shop owner met and tried to RP the sale.

For example, if I had a shop and an elf came and bought something (coz maybe they dont care about the RP) ... or a dark-knight buying from a paladin shop ... or an dark-elf buying from an elf shop. If the characters doing the buying dont care about the RP, they probably dont care about discovering the secrets of LOS either ... hence why I dont think shops belong in LOS.

PS If Tipsy wants to open a brewery, I am sure the DMs could arrange that ... for a price ... after all, Lionhearts got their keep.
Qoith

Postby Kampfer » Tue May 03, 2005 1:49 pm

well.. a DK buying from a paladin's shop.. why not? why should he be shy or having remorse of buying there.. cause using the paladin to get more weapons/potions to kill this same paladin is more than good RP :wink:

and if you don't want to sell to an elf its simple.. the system of selling just have to be approuved by the seller.. or put in a kind of "refuse selling list" like the duel list but for transaction.
Kampfer

Postby Hurk » Wed May 04, 2005 12:58 am

I was just suggestion that we could have shops under RP regulations. Make it where elves are allowed in Qoiths show. Or paladins arent allowed in a DKs shop. What classes and races are allowed in the shops should be up to the shop owner.
Hurk

Return to Suggestions