New class: crafter

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

New class: crafter

Postby Ghandi » Thu May 19, 2005 12:29 pm

I was thinking about more classes in LoS. One that came to my mind was the crafter. I'll explain the class a bit more.

Now, most of the drops you get in LoS can be used by one or more classes. The crafter will be able to create items by mixing useless stuff together to make a buckler for example. He just needs basic items that could be included to make drops more versatile, like plain leather or studded leather and some pieces of wood. The 'recipe' for making a buckler would be for example 3 pieces of leather and 2 pieces of wood. The kind of leather and wood will make the difference of the quality of the buckler. The more exclusive the items are that are used for crafting, the better the buckler can be, even can be magical if really good items are used.

Hope you like the idea :wink:
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Sat May 21, 2005 10:17 pm

Alltough i like the idea at some points, i think it should be added in other classes. It sounds more like something for a alchemist, but somehow not really for an alchemist.

That's why the following idea came up to me. At a certain lvl a character can choose between several options. These options will influence the rest of the characters life. These options can be described as little diffirent groups between a class. A character can't switch between those options, just as you can't switch between classes.

For example we look at the alchemist class. The options i can think of could be 2 things. 1 would be, as ghandi described, a character that can do things with normal things, like wood, leather etc. The other option would be the more magical side, like creating magical rods.

Clerics might choose between the dark or the good side. for other classes i can't think of some at this moment...

This way you can develop your character while playing, and you don't have to choose everything before you even start to play.
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Mon May 23, 2005 3:00 pm

well actually your idea is good scorpion but it shouldn't be limited to only one "skill" but more.. for exemple.. if Kampfer wants to make "the Ultimate Paladin's Killer Stilleto of Hell" he will need the craft.. he will need the magical crafting too.. after that.. if he wants to cook his own paladin he will need not only a oven but the cooking skill which will be required to cook the paladins :)

the cooking part was more an exemple but there is alot of "skill" once they are at the top (which could takes years of play) to reach you have nothing left.. so you can jump on another skill and train for more years and etc...

but I still like my idea about cooking a paladin :twisted:
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions