Profficiency loss

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Profficiency loss

Postby Thorn » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:48 pm

For some people, P-kill is an essential part of the game. Thorn doesn't agree with it. For him and other people, there is a lot to lose.

It says in one of the help-files that by staying alive for a long time you gain a few additional points towards %'s on top of what you would normally get. (Not a direct quote or anything, just the jist.)

From what I understand (I may be wrong of course) If Thorn dies now, by P-Kill or otherwise, all those bonus %'s are lost. :shock: Don't tell Thorn that because he'll never leave the Amber gardens again.

Thorn is a cautious type. He takes a granite potion if he goes exploring new areas and all sorts. He survives, and it has little to do with luck, just planning and preparation.

!!! STAB !!! :shock: There goes those hard earned %'s. Because that assassin/thief really wanted Thorn's Nike sandles. Most of the assassins arnt like this on LoS, thank god, but you never know when Lol might get bored and return.

I can understand the losing %'s that are linked to exp. loss but I don't get why we lose the bonuses. Any chance it could be modified so we don't lose those bonus %'s?

I would just like to say that I appreciate the hard work that goes into the maintenance of the MUD and that it isn't just a simple wave of a wand that makes any alterations to how the game plays. Thanks for a great game!
Thorn

Postby Melodor » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:51 am

This question was addressed in another thread:
http://losbb.creative-realms.net/viewto ... 0&start=15
but thanks for your additional comments.
Melodor

Postby Ghandi » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:25 am

Ghandi ALWAYS carries a granite with him. If he ran out of stock, he simply takes no chance and buys another one for 15k gold (D*mn, they're expensive :? ). Ghandi doesn't care much about losing bonus % at all. He died so much, im sure he doesn't have any bonus % left (still recuperating from his last two deaths, lost more than 700k xp in 2 deaths). Im still wondering though whether or not Ghandi is close of being skillful. Don't know what new options are available for that title, but it's just cool to have. Ghandi was the second being proficient and he hopes to be the second to earn skillful as well :) .
Ghandi

Return to Suggestions