More creatures

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

More creatures

Postby Keezheekoni » Sat May 28, 2005 12:36 am

In most rooms it says that there are creatures there doing certain things. In the Archery Range in the alchemist area for example it says that there are some mechanicians tabulating things. There is some traffic of these creatures, but there are no mechanicians there tabulating things when you arrive. Some rooms could use a lot more of a population I am thinking. Sometimes people have to fight to kill certain enemies because there is a limited amount. What was done with the crusaders and the white castle in general seems a bit more lifelike and there is a lot more to occupy us with :D . I was thinking that there could be more creatures added to various rooms, maybe some shopkeepers that have been absent for a while could be added too? Just a thought.
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Kaedan » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:55 am

Here's a rare one.. we're not going to say that this good idea is already on the TODO list! We're going to say it's already on the IN-PROGRESS list! Bet you didn't know we had one of those, did you!?

Ruan has been very busy looking at all the shops, areas, creatures and items - not a lot she hasn't looked at really - in an attempt to bring everything more to life. Shops are getting their shopkeepers, actions mentioned in room descriptions are being transfered to actual creatures, new kit is being created and whole areas redesigned.

The White Castle is one the first of these overhauled areas to be re-opened, and we're glad people have noticed how much more lifelike it feels. All Ruan's doing, as with the rest of this colossal, ongoing revamp.

As you can imagine, such work can take a very long time, but it is something that is in progress.
Kaedan

Postby Ghandi » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:54 am

Great news Kaedan!
Ghandi

Postby Scorpion » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:16 pm

Kaedan wrote:We're going to say it's already on the IN-PROGRESS list!

that a huge list too? :lol:
Scorpion

Postby Keezheekoni » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:22 pm

I like that response :D . Wonderful, thanks for all of your work.
--Keez
Keezheekoni

Postby Kampfer » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:04 pm

thanks for all that.. and damn I like LoS :D
Kampfer

Postby Keezheekoni » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:52 pm

I like the new place :D . It took me a little while to figure out how to get things going, but I got it after a little "ooc: someone" help :lol: . I like the neat trading and the alchemist environment. Everything has to do with wand creation and various alchemist abilities. It makes it seem more like a homely guild instead of a place to find some mechanicians. Thanks Ruan!
Keezheekoni

Postby Qoith » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:28 am

Keezheekoni wrote:Thanks Ruan!

I would have to concur. It took me a while to build up the "courage" to go have a look ... I had visions of there being explosions knocking me sideways as I walked down the main campus road, but thankfully I managed to visit when most "things were relatively quiet".

There are some nice new perms, quite an array of new mobs, some interesting drops, the promise of an interesting trade if I can just manage to "acquire" a certain item ... Every time I wander back in there (carefully avoiding the rooms where I have left people angry at me), I seem to discover something new and I suspect I am yet to discover the full extent of the "renovations".

These are not just a few cosmetic changes but a serious upgrade. I urge all players to take a wander down into the valley and let Ruan know what you think.

I, for one, want to heartily congratulate her for her efforts ...

=== CONGRATULATIONS ===

Your mudbuilding has been noticed!
An award of player satisfaction has been granted to you!
Qoith

Postby Kampfer » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:23 pm

hahahahahahaha well done Qoith
Kampfer

Postby Scorpion » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:50 pm

yeah yeah.. don't forget the much work of the others. Although you might only see Ruan's work, don't forget about those others too.
Scorpion

Postby Qoith » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:42 am

Scorpion wrote: don't forget about those others too.

I haven't and hopefully they know that all the time they spend making LOS such a great place to visit is appreciated by us players. As players, we are always wondering to ourselves how our RP is going and feel rewarded when we get some form of postitive feedback. I just felt it was time that the staff knew that their work is appreciated ... too often on the BB, we are adding more and more to their TO-DO list. That something on that list made it to the IN-PROGESS list and then to the NEWS list, just needed a bit of applause.
Qoith

Return to Suggestions