Duel in the Arena (gold one or anyone)

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Duel in the Arena (gold one or anyone)

Postby Kampfer » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:03 pm

today I was fighting Ghandi in the arena (to see how rusty I am) and effectively I am :lol:

we were standing facing each other and waiting for some developpement.. and we know the first to start the fight is probably the winner... because between me and Ghandi 1 sec could decide of the winner.

so my idea was: why not adding a tourney referee which could be use as a countdown.. like: Kampfer says: "mark ghandi 20"... so the referee will countdown from 20 to 0.. why put the name in the command is to block this person to attack you (and the same me vs him) before the countdown is finish.

like we see in the westerns.. duel.. stressing.. the finger on the trigger.. sweating til the arena became a lake... a real duel between two titan!

:twisted:
Kampfer

Re: Duel in the Arena (gold one or anyone)

Postby Scorpion » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:58 pm

Kampfer wrote:we know the first to start the fight is probably the winner

so true.

but if you fight a mage for example. if you may start and confuse a mage, you'll win. if you fight a barb and you start with a bind... you win.
I see your point, allthough i don't agree on your solution. If you want a real duel between a pally/dk, the do best of 3, where the *flip* command decides who will start the 1ste battle.
Scorpion

Postby Ruan » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:32 am

Yes, we see it in the westerns: finger on the trigger.....
What we don't see is two cowboys shooting madly at a forcefield which disappears at a given signal, which, let's face it, is what duelling players would be effectively doing: spamming the keyboard like mad until the timer allows them to actually attack.

Using "flip" is one solution, attacking on sight is another, especially for enemies where a fair and friendly duel would not be the most believable scenario.
Ruan

Postby Kampfer » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:31 pm

Ruan wrote:Yes, we see it in the westerns: finger on the trigger.....
What we don't see is two cowboys shooting madly at a forcefield

hahahahahahahahaha ok yeah see like that I totally agree.. spamming is bad.

but ok.. its was simply an idea like that.. like so many others hahah
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions