The clan players are in.

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

The clan players are in.

Postby Valiant » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:47 pm

Is there any way to find that, other than browsing through all the clan lists to find them ?

An idea would be to mention the clan a player is in in the 'whois' screen.
Valiant

Postby Scorpion » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:46 pm

Or just play more and you find out soon enough. Or ask oocly.
Scorpion

Postby Kaedan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:51 pm

It's a really good idea to mention clans on the whois screen, and since it's so simple to implement... I've done just that.

Just so that you know, you can also do "who clan" and it will list all people online who're clanned, along with what clan they're in and whether they're a leader or follower.

You can also do "who <racename>" and "who <classname>" to see lists of characters of specific races and classes. "help who" tells you this, but the knowledge is not widely known.
Kaedan

Postby Valiant » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:44 pm

Kaedan wrote:It's a really good idea to mention clans on the whois screen, and since it's so simple to implement... I've done just that.

Just so that you know, you can also do "who clan" and it will list all people online who're clanned, along with what clan they're in and whether they're a leader or follower.

You can also do "who <racename>" and "who <classname>" to see lists of characters of specific races and classes. "help who" tells you this, but the knowledge is not widely known.

Great, thanks :)

Indeed some commands even I didn't know... thumbs up ;)
Valiant

Postby Ghandi » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Maybe another idea for clans: more ranks within a clan. Now you only have leader and follower. Maybe something a captain, leader, junior and senior and that kind of ranks. Leaders can promote clanmembers. Just an idea to add more things you can do with clans.

I like the idea of making clans able to do more.
Ghandi

Postby Valiant » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:45 pm

Ghandi wrote:Maybe another idea for clans: more ranks within a clan. Now you only have leader and follower. Maybe something a captain, leader, junior and senior and that kind of ranks. Leaders can promote clanmembers. Just an idea to add more things you can do with clans.

I like the idea of making clans able to do more.

I'll second that.
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:39 pm

I ...huh... third that..

well.. its good :)
Kampfer

Postby Kaedan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:23 pm

A number of customisable items concerning clans are already on the todo list, including such things as customisable titles for the positions within the clan.

The current addition to whois was a quick and easy solution which required minimal coding, more complicated additions are not, and often require structure changes. Although we'd already noted down that clans should be able to set their own titles (within reason), we hadn't decided to put a message in whois. That was something simple that we simply hadn't thought to do.. or I hadn't anyway, one of the others may have!
Kaedan

Clan Ranks

Postby Broken » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:48 am

Concerning the clan ranks, wouldn't it be easy to implement it to the profile settings, and viewed through 'whois' 'who clans' and 'clans' verbs? The player would set his rank according to the clan leaders instruction.
Broken

Re: Clan Ranks

Postby Valiant » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:58 pm

Broken wrote:Concerning the clan ranks, wouldn't it be easy to implement it to the profile settings, and viewed through 'whois' 'who clans' and 'clans' verbs? The player would set his rank according to the clan leaders instruction.

I believe the clan leader should be the only one to change ranks, just to avoid potential inconveniences.
Valiant

Re: Clan Ranks

Postby Broken » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:13 pm

Valiant wrote:I believe the clan leader should be the only one to change ranks, just to avoid potential inconveniences.

What I'm suggesting is an easy code for a temporary ranking system. If the follower sets his rank to something other than what he was told to and refuses to change it, the clan leader may deal with him appropriately by removing him from the clan... or something
Broken

Postby Kampfer » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:47 pm

wow.. sometimes I wonder if you really understand what you are saying broken.. don't take it personnal but put a "temporary" system will require from dm to code twice for the same thing.. the clan ranks is not a "critical bug" to fix.. its just some fency stuff for us.

and I don't think letting the player deciding of his title is a good idea and if it don't make sense for the team or the leader is not a good idea either.. nor kicking him out of the clan for that reason.

P.S. Broken.. well in the story section the way I see your comment on Erill's story is against all respect for his adventure. especially a useless comment like you did.. I believe the story section have been made for telling story.. if you want to comment anything on story make it in the "general chat" thats why we have alot of section. same for ooc.. its made for "out game".
Kampfer

Ouch

Postby Broken » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:51 am

Kampfer wrote:P.S. Broken.. well in the story section the way I see your comment on Erill's story is against all respect for his adventure. especially a useless comment like you did.. I believe the story section have been made for telling story.. if you want to comment anything on story make it in the "general chat" thats why we have alot of section. same for ooc.. its made for "out game".

About that post, I meant to seem more sarcastic, as paladins aren't meant to run (That's why they lose experience for doing so). Furthermore, Erill happens to be a good friend of mine, I was just messing around with him, thank you very much. As for your first statement... ouch.
Broken

Postby Scorpion » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:50 am

I think a clan must first earn the right to set their own titles. Today we have like... 8..? clans. But i don't see that much interaction with the clans, except for Lionhearts vs Dark Order.. but that is just evil vs good. and the dark-elf stuff.

Perhaps i see it wrong and there is more clan interaction. Perhaps i don't play too much for that lately. But I think a clan should first earn points, and not the points that you get from killing other clans players, but my something like rp-clan awards. How much points you have we don't need to know, cause we don't know how much awards a character has (unless you count them).

@broken
If you want to give a reaction, sarcastic or not, it might be better to put it in a little story.

somthing like you sitting in the chapel and you heard the story and you say "A paladin.. running away from some tiny spiders? How cowardly"

It doesn't has to be a that long story, if it makes your reaction more clear it's enough.
Scorpion

Postby Melodor » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:13 pm

One of the obstacles to getting good clan activity and RP going is that LOS doesn't really take passengers -- when learning to play the game you are strongly encouraged to develop your own abilities and not be dependent on others. This is great for the quality of the game, but not so great for concepts like clans because independent people like to lead and we end up with many clan leaders and few followers. Perhaps a more radical rethink of the clan system is in order -- with stronger implications for being clanned (at the moment being in a clan does not make much difference to a player). What do you think a "clan" should do/mean? Remember: no unbalancing the game...
Melodor

Next

Return to Suggestions