The clan players are in.

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Postby Scorpion » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:10 pm

what is a clan:
First a quote from the clan guide:
A clan is a group of players who have teamed on a more or less permament basis.

I think a clan should be more then 1 person. How else can you be a group if you are on your own?

As a group of characters with some ideas/thoughs: like killing evil/good, race-based (see dark-elves), or class based (barbs) or search for more knowledge.

But I think a clan should show his thoughts to the outer world. Let others know why you are clanned. By story on bb or by telling/showing others.

I think being in a clan shouldn't make a character more powerfull. Alltough I think, if a clan rp's good, the clan by those in the clan who extually do clanRP (mostly all of them) should get an clan RP item. And after that, a clan could get their own place. Like lionhearts/dark order have now.

The ranking system of the clans should be adjusted too. Now you only get points when you kill another clanned player. It might be from the ealier build of los, but i don't think (clan) players should be pushed towards killing other clan players. A clan should only get points for kiling a clan-player when they are in war with that clan. If not, no reward, no xp, no weapon drop.

This way more clan player will come, since now i notice people being affraid for joining/killing a clan, cause of the loss of xp and % when they get killed. More players might result in more clan-RP, which is an important thing for LoS (RPing).

perhaps more comes up in my mind, but don't want to write more, since stupid pc frooze for quite some sec, leading to a dlvl. :( (yeah yeah.. should have put lagflee on.. but forgot turning it on after grouping)
Scorpion

Postby Qoith » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:41 am

Melodor wrote:What do you think a "clan" should do/mean?

LOS is a RP game first and foremost, and clans surely must be seen as an "extension" to that RP. With this in mind, I would say that the present practice of players being able to "form" a clan without consultion with staff leads to clans being formed before the "purpose" of the clan is necessarily thoughtout. Before a clan can be formed, I would have thought 3 conditions need to be met - namely

(1) the Leader should be an established RPer in the eyes of the staff (not necessarily proficient, but with a significant number of awards in their favour)
(2) there should be at least one other player who is willing to join the clan as soon as it is formed (a clan of 1 player isn't really a clan, now is it?)
(3) a clearly defined "purpose" and "name" for the clan should be declared (if people just like grouping, is that really the correct basis for a clan?)

Players can not purchased a room or villa without DM intervention; the creation of a clan is a far more important action as it has repurcussions for all other clans and players. Of course, "defer" would then need DM approval too.

If these "creation" guidelines were instigated, then one could be fairly certain that the clan leader would have already "earnt" the right to be able to set titles within their clan.

There still needs to be some "advantage" for good RPers to consider forming a clan. Yes, it may help with their RP but presumably their new goal is to make their clan the "best" ... whether the "best" means the "strongest" or the "best RPers", I am not really sure.
Qoith

Postby Valiant » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:47 am

I agree with the above.
Valiant

Postby Kampfer » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:20 pm

my ideas won't probably be in order.. sorry :)

I think a clan as soon as it is formed (maybe on a kind of automatic question/answer survey inside the game.. like the player creation) should "help" to know the direction of the clan, for exemple listing all clan and for each clan you have to put your emotions toward them.. like "at war" "in good term" "indifferent" "suspicious" etc..

I agree with scorpion, some people are afraid of clanning because the lost of xp and % and drop weapon.. I'm not against the fact Ghandi worth 2k but I don't think xp gain or lost should motivate people to fight other clans. losing % is still a hard subject to talk about because dying is still part of the game and if we fight without risk it will mean like being invincible.

and I still don't understand the drop weapon thing... maybe in a duel where you have a forcefield protecting around til the gong and then the fight start *cough* and the winner have a price.. the weapon of his enemy.. but in a clan war the dropping weapon is non-sense.. especially when we still give back the weapon after... I know its kind of against RP but some weapon are really hard to get... *cough* blackstar sword *cough* losing that in a clan fight is quite painful considering the time you had to get all the team and the equipment nescessary to get this weapon.

a more active role in LoS for clan could encourage more people to join clan or simply to RP. when you see a clan of DK terrorizing Amethyst and the clan of Paladin arriving to save the day... you KNOW you shouldn't stay around. maybe some "clan quest/clan mission" could help to make people clan for a reason or make the clan alot more active.

personnaly for my clan I have an idea since a while and i'm not sure if I told to anyone what it is.. maybe I will do it as soon as my clan is back on track :) but I really want to push the clan as far as I can. I plan to RP to death!

Its hard to had something to add after what scorpion and qoith said because thats really good, but that was my point of view on that clan thing.. and like scorpion I will probably have more ideas in the next few days

P.S.: where are the good old days? the one we had 3-4years ago... we we're playing like usually and then suddenly for a couple of hours we had some extra exp from killings... kind of generous gesture *whistle* 8)
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:17 pm

I agree on the ideas that some terms has to made in order to create and join a clan. Also that the creator should have some rp basis and that players who want to join should at least have some rp-potential. Some might rp better when they are in a clan, while some rp better during their normal journeys.

But something more about the meaning of clans. For paladins there is already an example since there are two clans with different goals. Other meanings could be the battle for leadership within the guild. We know that is not possible, but it's good rp. Younger ones can join those who think they have the biggest chance of being guildleader and the stronger ones will try to gain more followers. Knowing this rivality withing one guild between 2 or more strong players, actions like corrupting and even assassinations could occur. Though this might happen more in evil guilds than like in the paladin or cleric guild (but with the coming of evil clerics, it could also happen there).

I don't think you can force others players to join your rp, like the example of the dark knight clan rampaging Amethyst and the paladins are trying to save the day. Indeed nice rp would be if all players in Amethyst would stay indoors or flee town, but you cannot force them to do such thing. Even more beautiful would be if the DM could play for certain perms, like they used to do in the past to encourage RP. I owe most of my own RP due to them and Erynn of course.

Some of us just need a little push in the back when it comes to RP and i think it could also count for clan-RP.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:21 pm

Oh here another idea.

this one is more a "fancy" thing than a real useful one... but it add to RP from my view.

instead of "Clan" for everyone it should be called a different name from one class to the other. for exemple barbarian should call that a "Tribe" you enter the tribe.. with a kind of test to prove your strength (after all.. they are barbarian.. they should have that kind of requirement).. thief/assassin should call that a "Guild" which they should do a contract(assassination/stealing) before entering the guild.. cleric should call that an organisation (and you setup the god you worship... sadly not all gods are available at this moment).. for druid/bard/alchemist/ranger I'm not sure how to call that but i'm sure somebody can find something, maybe a "Circle".. and for Paladins maybe something like an "Alliance" and for Dark Knights a "Legion"... well still need to work on that because I just got that idea while I was working and I had to write that fast on a paper.

and again forming a "clan" should have more requirement than only lvl and money.. RP is a good one.. purpose of the future clan is quite important.. that mean the DM approval is nescessary which I agree with.

second thing should be to don't have only 1 place to pledge to a clan but for exemple, Lionheart's keep or the Dark Order's crypt could each hold their own pledge room for new blood in the clan.

battle between clans should not be fearful to lose everything but the opportunity to RP even more.. a blood bath is not the answer either.. killing each other for hours is against all RP.. OR as long as the two clan had planned that for weeks..

I think a new think cool for clan which could be integrated (after alot of code) is the siege mode.. Kampfer wants a cabin for his holidays.. I guess the lionheart's keep is the perfect place for that.. and he should have the possibility to get it :twisted: *JP's tries to wake up from this too nice dream* ... ah ok i'm back.. sorry. but yeah a siege mode could push people to use alot more the area specially done for player .. the only two at this moment.... or known from me.... probably Erynn already have her little sanctuary.... hmmm sanctuary.. holidays.. why not :D

ok its late.. i'm tired.. enough for tonight :wink:
Kampfer

Previous

Return to Suggestions