food?!

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

food?!

Postby Kampfer » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:05 pm

what about food vs races?

for exemple that meat pie DO damage.. why not giving HP for some races due to their "special" taste.. half-orcs , dwarves and half-giant could avoid those dmg.. no?

just an idea ;)
Kampfer

Postby Sothis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:09 pm

I believe the reason they did this, was because a barbarian with enough gold could gain experience all day with no rest. Those meat pies were cheap and they used to heal hps by 2hps, therefore all a barbarian had to do was leave and eat back their health. (damage done divided by 2 = amount of meat pies for full health again.) That is my thoughts on why it was changed like that, and it would just put it back at the same problem that first occured. Unless I totally missed the reason why they changed it in the first place? I dunno, we'll see how they respond to my response :)
Sothis

Postby Valiant » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:05 am

Afaik, healing items that could be purchased (Dwar had a potion) have been removed due to abuse by trolls (a troll actually), in order to kill other players with virtually unlimited HP.

But with the new systems of duelling and 1 potion per second (well that's new since the 'incidents' anyway), might be nice to have some potions back in the shops :)

@Kampfer: I think giving items different effects on different races would involve quite a bit of effort to implement. Unless a DM who actually knows for sure contradicts that, I'd give you little chance, at least in the near future.
Valiant

Return to Suggestions