pkill vs Clans

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

pkill vs Clans

Postby Scorpion » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Would it be a good idea to let only clans who are in war with each other, can kill eachother on sight. This way people will join or start clans more easily, hopefully with a clear purpose.
Scorpion

Postby Valiant » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:09 pm

But what about the lone assassin, who would of course not fit in a clan ?

What about people being hostile to eachother without being aligned to certain groups ?

And besides that, there is already the duelling system. For the most part that means exactly what you're suggesting: only clans killing on sight, others only when it's been agreed upon.
Valiant

Postby Scorpion » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:53 pm

Assassins can kill everyone, if there's a bounty on their head. Else an assassin has no reason for killing that one.

And not-in-war-clan-players could still duel eachother offcourse.
Scorpion

Postby Ghandi » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:03 pm

Maybe Scorpion has a point here. Maybe players are not joining clans because they think they might be slaughetered by any other high player of another clan.

Maybe some sort of clanfield where clanpoints can be gained which can be spent on special clanitems/commands or maybe even future clanspells would be a nice idea. There could also be some monstergroups there which could earn you clanpoints. To make sure one clan is not always beaten by another because the other is stronger, maybe two clanfields can be made. The amount of clanpoints will decide which one you are allowed to enter.

Just an idea :wink:
Ghandi

Postby Melodor » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:45 pm

There appear to be plenty of existing clans. I suspect that more people don't join them because there is not much obvious clan activity and because the ethos of LoS tends to breed leaders rather than followers, which is not a bad thing.

It's up to clan leaders to roleplay in a way that will give their clan a reputation and make people want to belong to it. I suspect that any development of the "clan" mechanism will likely be motivated by players demonstrating the potential of clans to be more than a semi-permanent grouping through strong roleplay and adding to the atmosphere of LoS.
Melodor

Postby ariel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:56 pm

i think the clan system is ok now.
ive just joined the lionhearts.
but i was afraid to be slaugterd by kampher, nothing happend so far.
smile
ariel

Postby Kampfer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:11 pm

hehe.. don't worry.. I haven't forgotten you Ariel ;)
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions