carry vs group

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

carry vs group

Postby Scorpion » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:41 pm

When you are in a group and you are fighting a mob, only the one who makes the final hit sees what he carries.

now you only see this (example)

The forger collapses, overwhelmed by Kampfer's attack!
Your enemy, the forger has been defeated.
You gain 58 experience.

instead of:
Your enemy, the counterfeiter has been defeated.
You gain 45 experience.
The counterfeiter was carrying: 148 gold coins, two catapults.

Now i have to look everytime after a fight what my foe dropped by looking on the ground.
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:40 am

yup.. I second that
Kampfer

Postby ariel » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:01 pm

mm scorpion and kampher grouping, i wonder what the gods will think about that

but i agree a change would be usefull
ariel

Postby Kampfer » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:50 pm

you are funny Ariel :P

that was Kampfer grouping with Anubis :P
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:10 pm

Yup, sounds like a good idea :)
Valiant

Postby Kaedan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:01 pm

It has always been the case that only the person that strikes the winning blow sees what is dropped, the reason for this is that logically they're the only one near enough the action to easily see what the victim was carrying.

If you were to argue that other people engaged in the battle would find it just as easy to see, I could argue that everybody in the room would find it just as easy. Indeed, one may even argue that a keen eyed thief hiding in the shadows may spot things even easier than the adrenelin charged fighters caught in the fray... maybe I should make them spot the drops first :P
Kaedan

Postby Scorpion » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:17 am

Kaedan wrote:It has always been the case that only the person that strikes the winning blow sees what is dropped, the reason for this is that logically they're the only one near enough the action to easily see what the victim was carrying.

I agree on this, but I also think that the ones who are fighting a creature are all close to him, how else can you hit it with a sword?

Kaedan wrote:If you were to argue that other people engaged in the battle would find it just as easy to see, I could argue that everybody in the room would find it just as easy. Indeed, one may even argue that a keen eyed thief hiding in the shadows may spot things even easier than the adrenelin charged fighters caught in the fray... maybe I should make them spot the drops first :P

Wouldn't that be fun for a thief? :D
hehe >:)
Scorpion

Postby ariel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:51 am

wasnt one of the rules no item drop stealing?
so why mention a thief
ariel

Postby Kampfer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:20 am

wasnt one of the rules no item drop stealing?

thats a non-official rule.. more things between players :) but a nasty thief could still see the thing faster... the action of seeing it before is something good to have
Kampfer

Postby Kaedan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:57 am

I didn't say that the thief would take it, merely suggested that we could make thieves see everything dropped automatically and everybody else would have to "look".

There are numerous entirely subjective arguments as to who sees what's dropped.. would a person with a bow see what's dropped? would a person wielding magic and keeping their distance? It doesn't seem right to make everybody in the area see it and so far I've been comfortable with the idea that the person that strikes the final blow automatically gets to see what their victim was carrying as they're currently probably the nearest, with the clearest shot/sight and paying the closest attention, everybody else has to make a deliberate action to see what was being held by the person after they fall.

It's not really that complicated having to type "l" or "look" after a fight, is it?

With so much spamming going on it's surely much easier to just "look" than scroll up anyway. :P
Kaedan

Postby Ghandi » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:58 am

In addition to the final blow...wouldnt it be nice that the person that makes the final blow has a, for example 5 secs, priveledge of taking the item. This to prevent 'get all' commands from other players.
Ghandi

Postby ariel » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:07 pm

get all command is quite rude when youre in a group,
you should make same agreemends about what to do with the loot.

mostly ask who needs it or leader of the group makes the decision.

smile
:lol:

sorry for any typo´s
ariel

Postby Kampfer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:16 pm

well.. why not adding a "spot check" for people in the group.. with a certain % of success (everything hidden from our sight) so some will see ... some not.. cause they are occupied to slashing the bastard.. or concentrate on magic.. and those thing could add to the difficulty of the "spot check"
Kampfer

Return to Suggestions