Limiting pkills

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Limiting pkills

Postby Valiant » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:28 pm

Although I'm not really playing too much lately, there's still something that sprung to mind lately (yes, LoS has never completely faded from my mind just yet ;)).

I've never been a big fan of pkilling, maybe for RP reasons I would do so. But the one thing that was bugging me the most about it was dead (nowadays: defeated) people returning for revenge. Just face it: you are dead/defeated. Stop taunting me. When a fight is over it's over period.

Now I've though of a system that may 'encourage' defeated people to stay defeated. This involves penalties - these may replace the current penalties as being more suitable. Here's what I thought out:

The player, being defeated, is temporarily berated of some 'privileges' that others have. For a certain time period (a real time period, like 24 hours):
- Defeated players may not engage, or be engaged in PvP (player vs. player) combat.
- Defeated players may not use broadcasting messages, or send rp messages. This might call for an OOC broadcasting feature to compensate.
It would mean that roleplaying would be virtually impossible for a player who has been recently defeated. Logical: he's been thrown out of the game in a way by the one who defeated him.

An example to clarify: Valiant vs. Kampfer

Kampfer wins the battle - this means that for e.g. 24 hours, Valiant will not be able to stand between Kampfer and the White Castle, or any other of his targets.

Valiant wins the battle - this would mean that, for a certain time, Kampfer can no longer threaten, taunt or terrorise any of his victims in an RP fashion. It would still be possible to wipe out the White Castle for example, but not RP-wise.

The big idea is to leave battles standing by themselves. It would also allow the opportunity for bigger battles with groups opposing eachother, without defeated players joining right back in before the fight has ended.
Valiant

Postby Kaedan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:19 pm

Certainly some good ideas in here, it would be nice to have people less able to immediately seek vengeance for their defeats. I'd certainly think about adding a system where people are temporarily stopped from seeking revenge etc.

It's certainly something I'll put some thought into, although I will say that if we were to block people from being able to RP, we'd also be blocking them from doing anything at all, afterall there is no such thing as an OOC action. :)

Don't worry, it wouldn't be for 24hrs...
Kaedan

Postby Ghandi » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:13 pm

I dont really understand why the vengeance part needs to be out. I think it's part of the game, even part of some RP if you do it well. The measures Valiant is talking about are seeming quite harsch to me. It's just a matter of good RP to solve these matters.

With Kampfer and Ghandi the following situation occured.

Kampfer was terrorising Amethyst. Ghandi fought him and won. Ghandi banished him from Amethyst, telling him not to return. Kampfer did, but also sneered back that if Ghandi ever left Amethyst alone again, he might be back soon. That last part is the revenge part of Kampfer. His revenge is an even more bloodier attack on Amethyst when im gone. Just a matter of RP and understandment of RP. For those who just try to attack you back right after a defeat, measures could be taken. This could indeed be a restriction of attacking the player back until a prefixed amount of time or until the other players lets him fight again. This could be done with some sort of command.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:00 pm

heheheh I remember that one :)

well the mesure against such retaliation without RP could be apply to lower level (such as broadcast.. more level you have more broadcast) in this case more level you have less restriction you have (or based on the RP exp..which we still don't see :P)
Kampfer

Postby stoner » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:22 pm

someone that is defeated could do, like, 15% less damage instead of the other penalties. tell me what you think
stoner

Return to Suggestions