Proficiency in special skills

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Proficiency in special skills

Postby Ghandi » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:11 am

Some classes have special skills which could seriously turn the odds of a fight if they succeed. Especially during pkill fights. A succeeded wither by Kampfer for example, will do 72 damage to a paladin AND stuns him for like 9 secs. There is no fight, it's a one way slaughter (Kampfer's day cannot be ruined if this happens), which one would not expect if they hear that two that belong strongest in lands fight eachother

Now since they are so powerful, i was thinking that it sounds more realistic if a player becomes more skilled in using the skill if he practises it more, just like a weapon proficiency. Maybe start only with offensive skills like touch, turn and wither, but maybe also with semi-offensive like haste and berserk and defensive, like barkskin and pray.

Your thoughts!
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:34 pm

WOW... Strange from you Ghandi but I second that LOL cause making more dmg on you.. I can't ruin my day for sure LOL
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:20 am

Not exactly making the attack stronger (could be if you are very skilled at it) but making it more realistic. The more you use it, the more you will succeed a wither. Kampfer can have for example 90% wither skill. Now if we see this black and white, Kampfer would have a 90% chance of succeeding a wither. Could well be possible to maintain the current amounts of damage, though that would not be something Ghandi would like.
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:34 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT ONE was even better... 90% chance to wither Ghandi... awesome *drool all over himself* :wink:
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:17 am

This makes me think about something to counter it. The more you are withered, the more resistant you'll be for it, eventually leading to a deflect.

If we take the example where Kampfer has a 90% chance of succeeding and already withered Ghandi a couple of times. Ghandi would have build up some resistance for lets say, 30%. So if Kampfer tries to wither Ghandi, his chance of succeeding it is 90-30=60%. Maybe when the resistance reach a certain amount, 60% for example, that player would have build enough resistance to deflect it.
Ghandi

Return to Suggestions