Short versions for spellnames

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Short versions for spellnames

Postby Ghandi » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:46 am

Two of the most used offensive spells are crush and fireball. Both spells can be cast with using a shorter name. c cr for crush and c fb for fireball. So far, everything is great! But if you use other spells like shockbolt or burstflame, you'll need to type more to use the spell, because other spells may have the same starting letters. For burn and burstflame you'll have to type at least 4 letters. That may not sound much, but during the rush of a fight, the chance of making typos is a lot higher writing a spell with 4 letters instead of 2.

So my suggestion is that for others offensive spellnames short versions would be available. Burstflame for example, can be cast by using c bf and shockbolt with c sb. This because I think that if you die, you should die due to using a wrong tactic or chosing a far too strong creature, or just simply being mobbed and overwhelmed by creatures, but NOT by making a typo.

Thoughts?
Ghandi

Postby Kampfer » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:36 pm

*nods*
Kampfer

Postby Valiant » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:08 pm

Yep agreed.

Of course, there are always aliases you can make, e.g. my settings look like this:

cf - cast fireball
cs - cast shockbolt
cb - cast burstflame
etcetera.

But since not everyone can be expected to have an advanced mud client, shorter versions in-game would be good too :)
Valiant

Postby Ghandi » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:11 am

I do have aliases for most spells, but for times I play on telnet (it still happens) this would be great. But even som aliases have 4 letters already (ex. bsbi -> bs * ; c bind * ). Defensive or protective spells are not real problems, because most you will not during a fight.
Ghandi

Return to Suggestions