Updates on the lands vs RP

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Updates on the lands vs RP

Postby Kampfer » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 am

ok, here an Idea I had after remembering some event which happened to Kampfer. (but i wont say it cause not sure if allowed to say :()

if before a major update, such as the white castle or the alchemist valley the DMs could interact a bit more on the ingame RP, approaching some players with a "kind of quest" (here i'm thinking about Ghandi and the white castle, Ghandi could have been sent on a quest by the white castle in the lair of some creature, getting back a special item from this fight which will allow the white castle to create protective magic or simply more raw material for better armour (*thinking crusaders and Tario*) or simply make a story around the upcomming update told by the town crier.

here some will say "yeah but its not everybody who can do that "kind of quest", only few.. even only one might do it.. but it should be based on a certain class which is more related to the WHY IT HAPPENS... if the white castle get some upgrades.. well.. personnally I want to know why, just 1 sentence in a storyline help can't satisfy my addiction to this game ;)

and by giving to one or many players a task which will lead to the "why' upgrade (still talking about only "new areas/creatures" updates) by that way players will get known a bit more. its like if the town folks interacting like the environment msg.. talking about this and this players, making the land more attractive to fame.. which helps alot the self-esteem and the will to continue to RP after years and years :wink:

and a new chance for newer players to show us that they are able to RP good as well and break that barrier of knowledge/oldest vs new/unexperimented

I need some action I want to see people RPlying like mad!!!!! I need the sun to get through my days here, sadly UK its cloudy and rainy.. and los is my kind of second sun, and I want it more shiny than the sun :)

P.S.:sorry I just hope I haven't scared anyone with my stuff.. hehe
Kampfer

Postby Ghandi » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:19 am

I like the idea. It's a continue development. The quests related to updates can be for anyone of that class, not only the experienced players. They can go for the rare items or materials (though i still want to find raw high quality materials). Involving an entire class for a quest can make ppl play their roles even better. Of 5 paladins, one for example can lead the group, sending others to certain places, make a little crusade or such (hmm, i should keep the crusade in mind :wink: ).

I too want to see the world rp like mad, it's only then when i can rp like i used to do. My rp suck when im alone (hate to admit it) and i cant play much these days as well to continue with a certain rp, so that's not improving at all.

Well, hope to see the ideal soon
Ghandi

Return to Suggestions