Language

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Language

Postby Scorpion » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:57 pm

While i couldn't play los, i found another interesting, which magai dropped the name off.

Anyway, they had a very good update while i was playing. It involved letting players speak different languages. An elf could speak elven so a dwarf cannot understand him. But every character can also speak common, so everyone can understand them. Also, if an elf is (somehow) a friend of a dwarf, then the dwarf can learn the elven language if the elf talks long enough with the dwarf (A long time i asume...).

If you want to speak another language, you still type english offcourse, but the other race players just see something like: "Meglaz speaks with a different language" Or something like that.

I don't know if it's wise to copy paste everything, but i really liked the idea. It's makes it even more realistic. Besides the RP that would increase, i think it would be fun if even some perms, for example the elves in the forest, speak elven sometimes. Once you learned the elven language, you can understand them.

Anyway, i really liked it and i think it will add somethign positive to los
Scorpion

Postby Kampfer » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:26 pm

i will agree with that.. roh had the system thing as well and I think it gives something new... (thats what we are looking for I think) we (as players) like something new .. and i'm not talking only about storyline or areas added.. but a new command to increase the chance of RP.. after a while our mind got stuck on RP and a little adding can do the trick I think :)
Kampfer

Postby Hurk » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:18 am

If you need any help with Different language you should talk to jagg. It looks like he is good with coming up with languages and accents
Hurk

Return to Suggestions