new paladin/dk skill?!

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

new paladin/dk skill?!

Postby Kampfer » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:07 am

I know I know we are probably the strongest class in the land.. both.

A thing come out of my head (yep not only crap in that thing :wink: ) its a aura of fear... could be related to the extrem auras.. demonic one and heavenly one... I explain.. those mugger, bandit, drunken trouble-maker and leopard (to name only those) are aggro to everything... but a dark-knight lvl 16 with a demonic aura with incredible power like wither for 48 to 64 should be sensed by ANYONE... same as a glowing paladin with his turning.. and disrupt undead.. and stuff... should be feared by low life crap like trouble-maker.. personnaly even drunk I won't fight with mike tyson knowing his power. :lol:

Ok for making this skill more "non-so useful" it can aggro things who usually don't aggro... exemple: could aggro Arduis to dark-knights.. making knights more lured by this aura... I don't really like the idea where tons of white knights just appear because my aura lure them but its the sad part.

Same for Paladin but adapted to them.

Well that was my idea :)
Kampfer

Postby Melodor » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:07 am

Creature logic: even the stupidist oaf would be unlikely to attack a fully armoured top ranking paladin, and a feeble wanderer would not try to stop anyone taking treasure when you have just killed Holbyn in front of his eyes. It's something that is being worked on in multiple different aspects and gradually improved.

This 'fear' couldn't really be aura-based, since even a level 1 DK has a demonic red aura - stronger than yours, perhaps. And a completely neutral barbarian of a higher level might well be supposed to invoke more 'fear'.

I agree that when a dark knight enters the White Castle all the knights in the area would soon be alerted and come to its defence. Maybe one day it will be like that :-) The DMs are all for making the world more convincing, but this has to be balanced with keeping it 'playable'.
Melodor

Postby Ghandi » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:03 am

Indeed pretty annoying if a simple wanderer or someone from the refinery is claiming your prize. Why? I just helped the refinery by eliminating their problems and this is what you get? And also, what is an oaf thinking he could have a chance against me!!! Usually when such lowlife scum attacks me, i sit down, take a good book about "How to cast a spell without failing" and start reading until the oaf hits me. After a while i get bored, stand up and blow some air against the oaf and walk further.

Have discussed the problem of prize stealing by other players before, but general townfolk are just or even more worse. A traveller comes to look a beautiful combination of souplesse and artistic style of using a dwarven hammer and the traveller enjoys the sight. Fight is over and the traveller sees some money and other stuff. "Wow, stuff that is not mine. Have to do something about that. Hmm, what can i do. I know, i grab it and claim it is mine. Yes, that is what i will do". There goes your hard earned loot. For me, i can live with it. I got a keep filled with treasures, but i can imagine that it could be very frustrating for those who are less fortunate in being as good as me *cough* :P
Ghandi

Postby jagg » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:05 am

On the subject of the behaviour of the inhabitants of the lands, would it be possible to stop them wandering around (or even away, grr.) when you're talking to them? Not for ever...maybe ten seconds, while you've got their attention and are thinking of the next question to ask them. If you don't ask them anything, then they can wander off.
jagg

Postby Melodor » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:43 pm

Some of these creatures just have no manners...
Melodor

Postby jagg » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:26 am

jagg wrote:On the subject of the behaviour of the inhabitants of the lands, would it be possible to stop them wandering around (or even away, grr.) when you're talking to them?

Of course in terms of realism, when the townsfolk are approached by a massive half-giant wearing gore-smirched armour and carrying a fearsome array of well-used weapons, they ought to run away screaming as fast as their legs can carry them!
jagg wrote:...they ought to run away screaming as fast as their legs can carry them!

Of course in terms of realism Jagg would either pick them up, if he was feeling nice, or break their legs, if he wasn't. We'll see how many "...doesn't respond to you"s we get then, eh, eh? :evil:
jagg

Postby Ghandi » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:25 am

Some try to pick me up :P , foolish minded creatures. either im too heavy due to my armour or my hammer inflicts serious damage to their knees. But townfolk are harder to keep them moving. What i try, yelling and pushing them away, it doesn't work. But see my hard earned pieces of gold and the floor and they just stare at the gold. when i try to pick it, it blocks they way for me. But picking the gold up itself....nooo! Some are just teasing me :cry: Now i need a good drink to drink away my sorrows.
Ghandi

Postby Steejo » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:02 pm

Something along those lines happened to me. I was one south of the chapel and my friend dropped some armour for me. But i couldn't pick it up. So i typed drop bas to drop my wicker basker (empty). But i drop my bastard sword (forgot to equip). Picked up the armour and before i knew it a Heather Seller picked it up. So I killed all three of the heather sellers to get my sword and they didn't drop it. Later i found out that creatures that sell things dont drop what they pick up. :cry: I think something should be done about that. :x
Steejo

Return to Suggestions