Clerics

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

Clerics

Postby Hurk » Thu May 25, 2006 11:27 pm

Since clerics are mainly for healers. *which mines is anyways* I thought it should only be proper for them to get more exp for healing others. prolly like 10 xp per vigor or 15 per vigor 30 to 50 per mends.... depending on their level
Hurk

Postby jagg » Fri May 26, 2006 7:41 pm

I guess it's difficult from the point of game balance to give the right amount of exp for healing. If the reward is too high, clerics could level quickly without any danger.

I wonder if there is a case for two paths? (maybe a skill you take in character creation?). You could opt to be a "super healer" and get more exp for that and less from combat, or an "adventurer cleric" like things are now.
jagg

Postby Ghandi » Sat May 27, 2006 2:20 pm

My opinion is to create places where you can only kill if you have good groups that cant survive without good healing. Also, the healer should be given xp for the monster, even if didnt do any damage to the creature. The healer is as vital for the survival for the group as the main dps char is, so why not give him the xp that he deserves. That way it's not really neccessary to raise the amount of xp you healer gets for healing. Like Jagg says, that way a healer can just lvl by plainly healing everyone in the chapel.
Ghandi

Postby Kaedan » Sun May 28, 2006 11:36 pm

Oh, go on then.. I'll let you in on something.

We do have plans to expand healing, but (as usual) it's down to finding the time to implement the changes.

At some point in the far distant future, healing will gain you more experience when used in battle. Consequently how monsters react to you healing things will also change, and we also hope to expand quests to include quests where you are rewarded for going to save creatures' lives.

These won't be happening soon, but they will go in eventually.

On the subject of "super healers" and "adventurer healers", we're also hoping to put in something along those lines when we split cleric.... oops, did I just say that too? :P

It's all part of the mighty long term plan, and even more mighty To Do list...
Kaedan

Postby Kampfer » Sun May 28, 2006 11:46 pm

*like hypnotized* MUST HAVE THIS LIST, LIBRARY NEEDS IT!
Kampfer

Postby Kampfer » Sun May 28, 2006 11:53 pm

other than asking to see the list :D

is the split cleric will fully integrate deities in their powers?(like praying for one god and getting skills related to that) and that leads to another question, if yes, will that means you will also include more deities around with temples or shrines? :D

hum, not sure I want to hear the answer, I can see a "in a far far far future beyong imagination" will popup just after my post :)
Kampfer

Postby Kaedan » Mon May 29, 2006 12:31 am

We've no plans to put in praying to specific deities as such just yet, but it has/is tempting to at times.

I'll let you know that the initial split could simply be considered good, neutral and evil though... and we are planning to have them with pretty different skill-sets.

I would also, however, like to one day have deity related perks & skills.. but that's another story... and not just for clerics.
Kaedan

Return to Suggestions