New skill for assassins

Got an idea? Keep it to yourself!! Just kidding, leave them here and discuss them with your fellow players.

New skill for assassins

Postby Xen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:00 am

I was thinking, since assassins deem average with missile weapons, that they could wield a missile weapon and hide and bash a enemy with it or somthing like that. And it would be somthing like this

hide
You attempt to hide in the shadows
You slip into the shadows unnoticed
bash dame
You swing your heavy crossbow and bash dame brithril in the back for 75 damage

and you could get high crits just like you can using a sharp or thrusting weapon....i couldnt think of anything besides bash what do you think?
Xen

Postby Kampfer » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:14 am

nah..

first.. the command/skill BASH is for fighters and barbarians and it stun the target, can't cast.
second.. stabbing with a crossbow handle is still stabbing in the back.. but it would be like attacking with a blunt weapon.. a handle can't really deal massive damage with that kind of attack, it's not like stabbing in the lungs or in the heart and the person is near death or totally dead.

nah..
Kampfer

Postby Kaedan » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:10 pm

Funnily enough, and I bet you've never ever heard me say anything along these lines before.... we do have plans for sneaky use of missile weapons from the shadows.

We're pretty sure that you'll enjoy them when they go in.

It won't just be assassins, as a couple of other classes will probably enjoy it a bit.. but we're sure that sharpshooting will be fun... nowhere near as crippling as a backstab though... :)

I coded it once already, but the changes were all lost. hehe. then i got swept up by other things. you can expect it "at some point" though...
Kaedan

Return to Suggestions